Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 1V Cancelled
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eldorado
  • 1 Post By signal_line

Thread: Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 1V Cancelled

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    2770 times

Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 1V Cancelled

Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, Garrett Metal Detectors has come to the difficult decision to postpone the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV scheduled March 27 29, 2020 in favor of safety for all. We are disappointed that we will not be together in Canton and hope everyone understands. We will be back to you once we have decided what our next steps will be in regards to the dates for the rescheduled event.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a hunt.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	1810749
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

us
    Mar 2009
    Northwest OHIO
    started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
    66 times
    i have confirmation to go....i have recieved nothing indicaying it has been canceled
    mh9162013 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30340 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I think my spring season is put off till November. I really don't want to stop at rest areas...

us
    Mar 2009
    Northwest OHIO
    started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
    66 times
    yea i just checked email..NO notice of cancelation...where did you get your information?

us
    Aug 2017
    Columbus GA
    Garrett AT Pro
    24 times
    It was announced on the Garrett Web page today (address below). Not really sure if an official email will follow or not.

https://www.garrett.com/sport/charle...-memorial-hunt

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    2770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorado View Post
    i have confirmation to go....i have recieved nothing indicaying it has been canceled
    Website - Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt | Garrett Metal Detectors
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2008
    KANSAS CITY METRO
    SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
    346 times
    Thanks for the link. Checked earlier and could not locate it.

Damn the luck

RJGMC

us
    Mar 2009
    Northwest OHIO
    66 times
    I see...... said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
    Confirmed at garrett web site, wow what a concept go right to the source, So that 25 thousand dollar travel trailer I bought to use on Garrett weekend will set in my driveway. geesh this metal detecting is an expensive hobby. all is well, I was thinkin about how the garrett family is going to handle this ,, probably lotta stress for them, I know I saved my vacation time for 2 years to go again this year,,, money is important,, but the vacation time just cant be moved that easy. yea I know its not all about me,,, I was gonna suggest they refund it all,,, probably not gonna happen due to Huge amount of silver bought and rellics,,, option 2,,, reschedual and those that cant make it sorry bout your luck?? Give garrett store credit?? maybe freindly challenge to all who are confirmed donate half to garrett family church,, and half to St judes children research hospital.. heck I dont know,, I trust Garrett family will come up with some good idea, God inspired. We all in this together,, God Bless to all and be safe

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1251 times
    I heard postponed, not cancelled.
    mh9162013 likes this.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2008
    KANSAS CITY METRO
    SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
    346 times
    It does say postponed. Let's hope most of us can make it when it does happen. I know I have anticipated it as soon as the last one was over. It was definitely a good time!

RJGMC

us
    Aug 2017
    Columbus GA
    Garrett AT Pro
    24 times
    Well Garrett just updated there site today and the 2020 Charles Garrett Hunt has been cancelled for this year and will be re-scheduled for 2021.

Garrett Memorial Hunt Update
    POSTED: June 1, 2020

Our hunt team committee has carefully discussed all options for Garrett’s fourth annual memorial hunt. At this time, there still exists a reasonable amount of uncertainty regarding our ability to hold large gatherings of more than 500 people in the next few months. We still do not have guarantees from state and local authorities that a fall hunt would not be subject to postponement once again.

To manage through this uncertainty we have therefore made the decision to hold the next Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt in spring 2021. Dates will be announced this fall. We believe this is the right decision, allowing the current health crisis to be further contained and providing our guests ample opportunities to request time off work.

For those signed up for the 2020 hunt who wish to remain on the hunt list, we will roll your status over to 2021. No action on your part is necessary.

For those who would like to opt out, you can request a refund of your hunt fees from Garrett. Simply send an email with your name and address to: hunt@garrett.com. A refund check will be mailed to you within 30 days.

Thank you in advance for understanding our difficult situation. We look forward to seeing all of our customers again soon in the field!

https://www.garrett.com/sport/charle...-memorial-hunt

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links