Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 1V Cancelled

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, Garrett Metal Detectors has come to the difficult decision to postpone the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV scheduled March 27 – 29, 2020 in favor of safety for all. We are disappointed that we will not be together in Canton and hope everyone understands. We will be back to you once we have decided what our next steps will be in regards to the dates for the rescheduled event.

a hunt.jpg

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
i have confirmation to go....i have recieved nothing indicaying it has been canceled

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my spring season is put off till November. I really don't want to stop at rest areas...

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
yea i just checked email..NO notice of cancelation...where did you get your information?

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. Checked earlier and could not locate it.

Damn the luck

RJGMC

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
I see...... said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
Confirmed at garrett web site, wow what a concept go right to the source, So that 25 thousand dollar travel trailer I bought to use on Garrett weekend will set in my driveway. geesh this metal detecting is an expensive hobby. :dontknow: all is well, I was thinkin about how the garrett family is going to handle this ,, probably lotta stress for them, I know I saved my vacation time for 2 years to go again this year,,, money is important,, but the vacation time just cant be moved that easy. yea I know its not all about me,,, I was gonna suggest they refund it all,,, probably not gonna happen due to Huge amount of silver bought and rellics,,, option 2,,, reschedual and those that cant make it sorry bout your luck?? Give garrett store credit?? maybe freindly challenge to all who are confirmed donate half to garrett family church,, and half to St judes children research hospital.. heck I dont know,, I trust Garrett family will come up with some good idea, God inspired. We all in this together,, God Bless to all and be safe

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard postponed, not cancelled.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does say postponed. Let's hope most of us can make it when it does happen. I know I have anticipated it as soon as the last one was over. It was definitely a good time!

RJGMC

jerseydevil523

Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Garrett just updated there site today and the 2020 Charles Garrett Hunt has been cancelled for this year and will be re-scheduled for 2021.

Garrett Memorial Hunt Update
POSTED: June 1, 2020

Our hunt team committee has carefully discussed all options for Garrett’s fourth annual memorial hunt. At this time, there still exists a reasonable amount of uncertainty regarding our ability to hold large gatherings of more than 500 people in the next few months. We still do not have guarantees from state and local authorities that a fall hunt would not be subject to postponement once again.

To manage through this uncertainty we have therefore made the decision to hold the next Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt in spring 2021. Dates will be announced this fall. We believe this is the right decision, allowing the current health crisis to be further contained and providing our guests ample opportunities to request time off work.

For those signed up for the 2020 hunt who wish to remain on the hunt list, we will roll your status over to 2021. No action on your part is necessary.

For those who would like to opt out, you can request a refund of your hunt fees from Garrett. Simply send an email with your name and address to: [email protected]. A refund check will be mailed to you within 30 days.

Thank you in advance for understanding our difficult situation. We look forward to seeing all of our customers again soon in the field!

https://www.garrett.com/sport/charles-garrett-memorial-hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread