Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your threshold should be consistent. A steady, audible "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" in your ears. Slight “Positive” signals are also called “whisper” signals. This is a very soft or slight, almost unnoticeable, rise in the threshold signal. It will always be repeatable over the target – not random. If your threshold is set too high, or too low, you can miss them easily. If your threshold is not smooth you can miss these whisper signals easily. There can be a couple of reasons, including EMI, for an unstable threshold. The most common is too much pulse width. Sometimes you can max it out, sometimes you can only run it at 50%. It depends on the beach. If you want to make your machine more sensitive and cut down on interference, make sure you are not wrapping your coil wire close to the coil down on the lower plastic rod. “Negative breaks,” are also referred to as whisper signals. This is when the threshold gets quieter, or goes away completely over the target. Again, negative breaks are always repeatable over a real target – not random. As you remove a little sand from over the target and re-sweep with your coil, the signal becomes a slight or stronger positive signal. Hope this helps! :skullflag:

OP
OP
C

Cherza

Feb 11, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett seahunter mk2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry.
I might try it again tomorrow just in case its emi.
Allot of our beaches have houses right in front of the beach.
I noticed the threshold goes just before I hit a target and I cant hear it for a bit.
Sounds like it might be just the way they work

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
In the suburbs or close to power lines with our mains power the audio in Standard Trash Elimination will undulate badly.
ivanll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread