Back at it

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of the hospital and back to the beach. Thyroid Mass removed, cancer testing still in progress. Spent about two and a half hours but didn't find a whole lot of anything. Best Target of the day was one dime. The reason I was out mainly was to test out a new sand scoop I picked up off of Amazon. My other scoop is super sturdy but just too small when you're trying to work the water line. Seems like every scoop I pull out a wave comes in and fills it right back up again, but not with this new one. I think it was around $70 give or take a couple, and I fit it with a post hole digger handle. I only needed to remove a very little bit at the base to get it to slide into the new scoop. Targets were few and far between, which is kind of weird since I was about an hour and a half late for low tide but the water line was still way out. I pulled an old-school beavertail pull tab out of about 15 in at the waterline. I was really surprised as the condition of it was great. The whole time the waves were rolling in but after my third scoop I had it in the basket. For some reason, even though it is probably about 3in wider than my older scoop, pushing through the sand is far better making Target retrieval from the water much easier and faster. I think I'm going to like this new scoop.

Attachments

• IMG_20180812_092219207.jpg
    IMG_20180812_092219207.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope the tests go your way.:icon_thumright: