Used Seahunter II Yay or Nay?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Yaco787
  • 2 Post By sws33
  • 1 Post By sws33
  • 1 Post By Yaco787

Thread: Used Seahunter II Yay or Nay?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2018
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Used Seahunter II Yay or Nay?

Hey Guys, how are you? I am a new hunter and i detect on the east Fl coast (sebastian).

I bought my GF a Tesoro Sand shark and we both love it for it's quality, warranty, depth and ability to go on future dives (hopefully).

One problem though is that it does not discriminate. I dig LOTS of junk and it wears me out on hot days and get frustrating.

Usually no big deal but kinda sucks when i just wanna hit beach before the rain sets in.

Anyway, i have the opportunity to buy a used Sea hunter II for 400.00 bucks: no accessories.

Seems to be in good used condition and i've heard they can take a beating so i'm not super worried about it being a lemon.

I was hoping for recommendations on if 400 is a good price for used one and if so, is there a way i should go about testing it to make sure everything works correctly? I do not know it's history so i don't know if it was abused (doesn't look like it was).

Also, i was wondering if there was a way to see when the manufacture date was on the machine so i can tell how long it's been out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hopefully i will see you guys out there sometime..

-Angel
    vpnavy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14532 times
    I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Angel! Take a look at Forum:Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    Scott

Mar 2013
    huntington beach ca
    white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
    205 times
    $400 isn't too bad of a price for a used one. if you're looking to discriminate out junk, this is not the machine for you however. you can run this machine with the discrimination knob set higher but you will suffer the loss of gold and depth. A lot of people will go with a vlf detector for this reason, personally I dig everything. Too many gold rings ring up in the aluminum range and when you start discriminating out levels of aluminum you are losing gold. it may be more back-breaking digging every signal, but it is more profitable. as you get used to whichever machine it is you by you will become accustomed to the different sounds that different object make in the sand or surf. once you've practiced enough you can decide if you want to dig an iffy signal or not. Even still, I did everything. Far too many pieces of chain, open earrings and bracelet give off the bobby pin double beep. Personally, I would rather dig 100 bad targets to find 10 good ones than to discriminate out a bunch of stuff and only dig 5 good targets.
    Honeyman and RustyGold like this.

Oct 2018
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sws33 View Post
    $400 isn't too bad of a price for a used one. if you're looking to discriminate out junk, this is not the machine for you however. you can run this machine with the discrimination knob set higher but you will suffer the loss of gold and depth. A lot of people will go with a vlf detector for this reason, personally I dig everything. Too many gold rings ring up in the aluminum range and when you start discriminating out levels of aluminum you are losing gold. it may be more back-breaking digging every signal, but it is more profitable. as you get used to whichever machine it is you by you will become accustomed to the different sounds that different object make in the sand or surf. once you've practiced enough you can decide if you want to dig an iffy signal or not. Even still, I did everything. Far too many pieces of chain, open earrings and bracelet give off the bobby pin double beep. Personally, I would rather dig 100 bad targets to find 10 good ones than to discriminate out a bunch of stuff and only dig 5 good targets.
    Thank you so much for your response. I understand what you mean. Would you say the depth of the Sea hunter is excellent ? I get about 15 inches on tin and aluminum with my sand shark but definitely does not like gold.

us
    Scott

Mar 2013
    huntington beach ca
    white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
    205 times
    I have many posts in the Sea Hunter section here where you can see what I have found and how deep some of it was. Having said that, yes the machine goes as deep as I want to dig. Not that I'm hugely interested in digging aluminum cans at two feet but the machine can definitely hear them loud and clear.
    Honeyman likes this.

Oct 2018
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sws33 View Post
    I have many posts in the Sea Hunter section here where you can see what I have found and how deep some of it was. Having said that, yes the machine goes as deep as I want to dig. Not that I'm hugely interested in digging aluminum cans at two feet but the machine can definitely hear them loud and clear.
    Went and checked it out today and tested it. It is literally as close to brand new as you can get being "used". The foam on the pole and earphones in mint and no sand on it anywhere. Even the inspection stickers are still on it. Best part, the place didn't know what they had, got it for $300.00
    RustyGold likes this.

Jul 2013
    1215 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice steal of a deal!!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Some where out there
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / ORX / Simplex+
    8068 times
    Good buy Yaco and welcome to TreasureNet.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
    990 times
    That was a good price. As others have said, if you turn on the discrimination, you will lose the thin gold rings. Better to dig everything.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Sponsored Links