If you had a choice......

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, I am thinking of upgrading from my Ace 250 to a GTI 2500. Kellyco has 2 different packages for the GTI 2500 right now and the major difference is you get the 12.5" coil with one package and you get the 4.5" scorpion coil and the garrett pro pinpointer with the other. I already have a pinpointer that I really don't use that much. If you had a choice which coil would you rather have the small one or the large one. I like to hunt older home sites, construction sites and pretty much anywhere that I think some old coins or relics may be. I know the small coils are for working "trashy" sites but the big coils have more depth, I think? So if you were going to be given your choice of coils free of charge, which would you take and why? Package price is the same, difference in the coils is 249 big one versus 129 small one msrp's. That has me leaning big ;D Thanks for your input. HH Steve

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I would opt for the small coil package and Pro pointer. This way you could simply sell the pro pointer for around $100.00 to reduce your cost. Or keep it and sell your old pinpointer. Plus the old home sites scream for a small 4.5 coil.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir, the one with the small coil. True the larger coil will get deeper only where it won't run into more than one target at a time under the coil. I would check other dealers to see what they offer as most of the freebies that are offered are provided by the factory anyway.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would opt for the coin Pkg. I went the other way a month ago...I have no use for the 50 pound coil. It's so heavy ..you can't tighten the wing nut enough to stay put. The 10.5 works great...should have got the smaller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread