Dug A Nice Brass Lock In The Woods Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
TWOMACHINES2-2.jpg

My buddy and I got together for a woods hunt today. We both brought along our GTI's using the sniper coils.It's getting colder, but still no snow. The small creeks and rivers are now pretty well frozen over. Still......you can remove targets in the woods as the dirt is very dry.

GLUE2.jpg

I found a lot of glue tubes today. Sniffing glue out of a paper bag was quite common for teenagers some years back. Today they smoke weed or crack. Anyhow, I managed to dig up some loot and some interesting targets.

asa2.jpg

This is about my 5th Bayer Aspirin tin that I have dug up. This one was filled with black dirt, buried at about 4 inches. I saw one ad on EBay where an empty tin in great shape (no pills) was starting at $6.50.

besttoday2.jpg

It's aways nice to get a silver coin. They are really getting scarce. That old shotgun shell was made in England by the ELEY company, which started manufacturing ammunition at about 1824.

And I dug up an old brass pad lock. It's the smallest one I have ever dug. There are no stamps to help ID it as to who made it or when. It's a great addition to my collection.

Attachments

• 34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 205

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah those are nice days when you can get out with a buddy and still find anything. Sure beats sitting home listening to the little woman whine about you not taking a bath. LOL. My groud is frozen or I'd get out with the GTI 1500 and sniper coil too.

Always nice to see your pics John. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread