Garrett Pro pointer

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
G/day you chaps in the US of A.
The Garrett metal detectors available from madeinchina.com are Chinese knock offs of the real thing..
The company that makes them is huge and manufactures a vast range of products. I asked them if they made metal detectors named garrett and they said yes. They look and are labeled the same as the Garrett USA product where applicable. If the quality control is the same as it is for other Chinese hand held hobby type metal detectors then they will be crap.

jackinthebox :icon_pirat:

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an X-1 probe on my ET. Often I just leave it there and grab the Garrett. I love the vibration and it's accurate too. The faster it vibrates the closer you are to the target. The tiny LED lets you know it's on and I don't know if it was designed to work as a light to see into the hole you are digging, but when darkness approaches, the light definitely helps. One thing I don't like, that I fixed, is an unnecessarily loud noise when you turn it on. I put a few wraps of plastic electricians tape around the speaker holes and now it's muted. Probably helps keep some water out of it too. Jim

Uncle Willy

Oct 5, 2005
What Melvin is displaying is not even remotely close to a Garrett. The Garrett PP is strictly American made. THe holster is made in China. Garrett's security scanner is American made also and the new PP is a revised version of the security scanner. I know as I tested the prototype and the production model.

Bill

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's on my list from Santa, if not I'll have to break down and buy it myself. donations, anyone??????? LOL

Sniffer

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
TRY NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE MUCH. JUST ANOTHER JOB TAKEN FROM THE US.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
kdismuke1 said:
TRY NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE MUCH. JUST ANOTHER JOB TAKEN FROM THE US.

You are so right!!!!!

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
santa didn't get it for me, so I guess I'll have to get it myself

KD5GAG (Ron)

Jan 3, 2009
louisiana, deep south
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Pro Pointer
just got the garrett pin pointer and pulled 62 quarters,26 dimes,15 nickels
and a load of pennys out the ground today. Best buy i have ever made..

DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

Dec 6, 2007
Maryville, Tenn
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS PINPOINTER IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. IT BLOWS THE SUNRAY AND THAT OTHER PIECE OF CRAP AUTOMAX OUT OF THE WATER. VERY NICE!!! WOULD RECOMMEND ON GETTING ONE!!

CREVIAS
KEEP DIGGIN!!!

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
crevias said:
THIS PINPOINTER IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. IT BLOWS THE SUNRAY AND THAT OTHER PIECE OF CRAP AUTOMAX OUT OF THE WATER. VERY NICE!!! WOULD RECOMMEND ON GETTING ONE!!

CREVIAS
KEEP DIGGIN!!!

I agree with THAT, Crevais!
Here is a vid I made showing how sensitive it is:

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
I've used a different brand for a couple years but am now only using the Pro Pointer.
I think it's really good.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like all Garrett products,they are made in the USA right here in Texas,by Texans. i bought mine from Kellyco for $129.00 and i got alot of extra goodies with it for free. I love mine. I didnt use one till about a month ago when a buddy of mine had one and it worked great. He found alot more than me alot faster. You will NOT be disappointed. :thumbsup:.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the nuts-----Love mine-----Cuts my finding time in half.

A Tip------When washing it under running water put your thumb over the speaker port as an added measure of precaution.

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
Excellent review, Kevin. I had my Propointer go squirrelly on me (kept sounding off when pulled away from the target), I sent it in to Garrett and they sent me a new unit right away. Don't want to hunt without it!

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my ProPointer. I paid $125 at my local hobby store. I was just using it last night at a local park that has sand volleyball courts. I was able to thrust it down into the sand and swirl it around to find the item. What a dream! I hardly spend any time trying to pinpoint with my actual detector anymore. I just use the ProPointer. If it doesn't sound off when running it across the top of the ground then I dig a plug. Otherwise, I just pop the item out with a blunt screwdriver. It has cut the number of plugs I've had to dig down by at least half, maybe more. And I probably spend about 1/4 the amount of time recovering items now.

I love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions