Garrett Pro pointer

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I know where you can get one new shipped for $89.21!! Check my post on the Garrett Ace 250 Deal in the Detector forum! You may be able to save an addition 10% as well!
Baggins

I guess they took down my post on the detector, but PM me and I will pass on what I know for a deal on the new pinpointer...

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
They are a great pinpointer,Sniffer.I got one of the first ones and I wpon't leave home without it.Works terrific.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
thanks for the input guys. I will be investing in the near future

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
I don't know about the item, but sounds it works fine. Just one thing: it's china made so I think doesn't worth 129 bucks. My opinion.

M.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well, from what I understand, Garrett stands behind what they sell. So I think I'll give it a shot.
Thanks for the info

Sniffer

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
John-Edmonton said:
According to the Website, it's made in USA. But the belt holder is not.

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/propointer.pdf

Mmmm...I don't know, John. I may be wrong, but I've scanned the Net left-right to find items for my job and I've found more than a Chinese MD crafter with Garrett handheld security units shown on. Then I've found this....may be a copy and has some slight difference but it seems quite the same product to me. My opinion

Attachments

• WPMD.jpg
    WPMD.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,055

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
melvin_it said:
John-Edmonton said:
According to the Website, it's made in USA. But the belt holder is not.

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/propointer.pdf

Mmmm...I don't know, John. I may be wrong, but I've scanned the Net left-right to find items for my job and I've found more than a Chinese MD crafter with Garrett handheld security units shown on. Then I've found this....may be a copy and has some slight difference but it seems quite the same product to me. My opinion

That's a security wand. It's on Garrett's website. To the best of my knowledge, the Pro-Pointer is made in USA. I don't know about the security wand. Now I have been wrong before........the truth is out there.

http://www.garrett.com/security/products/thd.htm

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
John-Edmonton said:
That's a security wand. It's on Garrett's website. To the best of my knowledge, the Pro-Pointer is made in USA. I don't know about the security wand. Now I have been wrong before........the truth is out there.

http://www.garrett.com/security/products/thd.htm

As you're a "Garrett's Master" ;D ;D, I can only reply you're probably right.... ??? Well, I'll post a picture of my own pinpointer soon: it's a China certified ;D ;D

Bye
C.M.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
melvin, that's not a pro pointer, I don't even know if it's a Garrett, they usually put their name in plain sight

ParkHunter61

Nov 30, 2008
go to madeinchina.com and search hand held metal detectors and u will see
garret products but not that exact pinpointer

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have hit targets at 4inches with mine used md to get depth range after i hit with the propointer i will never use another one am thinking about getting a second one for a back up and it is not made inchina and the one with the green lights is not a garrett it has no name blazened in bright yellow

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
Here the picture of my super Chinese
poorman said:
go to madeinchina.com and search hand held metal detectors and u will see
garret products but not that exact pinpointer
Sniffer said:
melvin, that's not a pro pointer, I don't even know if it's a Garrett, they usually put their name in plain sight

You convinced me, sirs....Please, don't take my doubts in a harsh way. I only noticed a certain similarity with this chinese unit. I perfectly know that Garrett is the most respectable Brand in the trade, and I'm pleased of the Ace and CX I got. Said that, still I think 128 USD are a lot for the unit...but is just my perception, of course, as I think is the opposite with ground search units: why to buy a Chinese if you got the ACE 250 for 190 USD (average).. :icon_scratch:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
I hear that you can easily make it waterproof, any truth to that?

I love my vibraprobe but really like the Garrett brand and how they stand by their products.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
from what they say on their website it's water proof, but, I think that's for cleaning not diving

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread