Need help with my new Ace 250 (false signals)

joer

Feb 27, 2016
Kissimmee, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the 250 and have had the same problems. But one thing that no one has asked or mentioned, would be salt water. I noticed the closer I get to the wet sand and water, the more false beeps I get. I detect on the beaches of florida. I ventured down close to the water and I was getting signals all over. After digging a few holes elbow deep in the wet sand (combatting the sand and my 3 & 4 year olds filling it in as I was digging it out ... not to mention the incoming water) I decided I was not doing something right. I never got the coil wet, but the closer I got to the water, the more false signals I would get. Any tips from a beach pro?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Where I live I only have fresh water lakes and beaches. My Ace still dings and bings when I swing. I took my Ace 250 to Playa Del Carmen last year and it was even worse in the wet sand. Could only work the dry. Now their are a couple videos if you google Ace 250 in wet sand, that tell you to notch out everything below the nickel. This is supposed to eliminate the noise and falsing that is mostly in the iron range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread