Ace 250 same power as a chinese detector??

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fellow Hunters

I recently got a chinese viper detector to see if it is as good as my ace 250....this is what i found

I just took it out in my backyard and found 5 pieces of metal all within 1-7 inches!!

Not only that but I brought the ole Ace out for some play and could not beleive my ears...

Every piece of metal i found with the Viper, the Ace found too!!!

The viper went just as deep as the ace 250.

Of course minus the 3 diff tones, pinpointing and junk seperation make the ace more pleasing, but it looks like a tie on the depth factor!

Maybe my ace is broken?! ???

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Depth should never be the #1 reason to purchase any metal detector. Most decent finds are available for pretty well available for most metal detectors to get in the top 1-5 inches. Customer service, frequency of repair, bells & whistles applicable for YOUR requirements for hunting, availability of search coils, and ergonomics to suit your own specific needs plays a much importance when you look at the whole picture.

If you are happy with your new chinese detector, then go have fun and knock yourself out. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• hockey guy.jpg
    hockey guy.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 531
  • hockey guy.jpg
    hockey guy.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 521

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
brokenarrow said:
Maybe your 250 is just nervous about the REDmachine violating U.S. air space?

Larsmed is one lucky guy! He won his machine. I think he should allow all of us to share it too. :thumbsup:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Larsmed said Garrett and Chinese detectors in the same post.

Isn't there some kind of penalty for that, like water-boarding maybe?

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
I used to down the chinese detectors all the time.

Then I was shocked when the viper kept up with the ace 250..

I have heard so many stories about the viper cant hit a trashcan lid 2 inches down!!!

Larry

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My firest detector was a Chinese made something or other. It had all the bells and whistles. But no matter what I passed the coil over it showed it to be a diamond ring or a coin. Lots of times it was just a rusted piece of metal and never over 3" deep. I sent it back and was told it was broke. So, I traded it for a BH and it actually didn't lie to me. I like the BH but decided to move up. I went back over the places I had hunted with the BH and found quite a bit of "stuff" it had missed. That was my ACE 250. And that was 4 years ago. The Chinese had the right idea, just didn't have the technology right yet I think. Today they chould be good machines. I don't know, but at the rate it's going, they already own a good part of our economy so why contribute more? Monty

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Hey

Its hard to find anything American made these days! I was low on cash and needed a water machine..dont care about any bells and whistles, just needed a waterproof machine..It seems no American companies are able to make a water machine that is just a plain old detector under $400 bux new.

???

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
(standing in front of a group)

Hi, my name is 'Guy In Back' and I own a Viper...

It's okay, it works... but it just does not live up to the hype that was written about it and convinced me to purchase it. Had I had actually touched it prior to buying on line...

It finds stuff, maybe my expectations were a little off. The machine has a disc mode, but I've been unable to disc out any iron with it.

So, as a back up... yeah, it's okay I suppose.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep we killed our fair share of people trying to get in space "fast" after the russian put a man in space first-- the US playing catch up in the space race cost several folks there lives--- WARNING watch out with the chinese getting Long range missle ability ---for nukes you don't need living quarters or complex design --simple but deadly will do.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The Detector Pirate Pro "may be made in the USA?" I would rather buy that for under $400
Or you can just waterproof an Ace 250.

Attachments

• DSCF2169.JPG
    DSCF2169.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCF2169.JPG
    DSCF2169.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 363
OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
KHouse

I would love to waterproof my ace 250, but I do not possese the engineering genius that you do. Also, I have heard more horror stories than I can count about detector pro machines...Most of them are said to leak becasue the circuitry is in the headphones. If I had like a wide pvc pipe and some orings, I would try to waterproof my ace, but I cant find any waterproof headphones to work with it in case they get splashed.

Larry

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Garrett sells waterproof headphones. You would have to solder a banana plug on it. Or you could buy a cheap set in case you dowsed them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread