Garrett LS Infinium 8" mono coil and 10 x 14 mono coil

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Garrett LS Infinium 8" mono coil and 10 x 14 mono coil

I always use the 8" mono, simply because it is lighter but has still gotten rings at great depths. I have thought several times of getting that larger mono coil, but my hunting season is only about 6 moths up here for water, so in the mean time, I will stick with what I have. I also have the 10 x 14 DD coil and have used it a couple of times.

My first year using the Infinium....slideshow below:

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/ZT8SI9HY

JG

Nov 15, 2006

I have all the coils and each have their strength's.

Last one to purchase was the 8 incher.

Everything I read about it by the owners was good, and for various reasons many use it often. One remark that comes to mind is that it will detect an object as deep as you would want to dig. Another said it was their favorite and most used coil. It is the smallest coil Garrett makes for it that is still able for complete immersion in water. The smaller ovals are not as waterproof; water resistant yes, but not waterproof.

Hopes this helps and good hunting

Good movie John and nice finds!

OP
OP
scrooge

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS

John are you using those coils in saltwater?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread