What detector is the best performer in old iron infested home sites?

rjdvorak

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2010
one of the best metal detector for iron infested sites

[The Teknetics Omega 8000 is one detector that is amazing in iron infested sites. I have hunted with a lot of brands of detectors. this detector in 3 tone really fines the good stuff. if you hear a low tone and a high tone together you better dig it , its telling you have a good item in with iron.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't buy anything from that guy. The AT Pro and AT Gold from Garrett have the most advanced iron identification.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any exp with those other machines but the at pro with the 5x8 coil on is nite and day compared to stock coil in iron infested sites. I have pulled many Indian head cents out of rusty nail infested dirt. More than once a nail has been in the dirt pile with the ih cent. The ace 350 I had wasn't good at all in the iron infested sites but I never bought a smaller coil for it. But I have to admit I did find a barber dime with it in one of those sites. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions