Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sounds exactly like mine. I can't help out with the bigger coil as I haven't got one yet but I'm going to. I usually run mine at 4 bars though instead of 2, 5 or 6 bars if I am out where ther are not a lot of targets. I dug a 1876 shield nickel out in the middle of a field that was about 8 inches deep with the stock coil. Good luck,

HH Charlie

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
With the stock coil, I dug lots of pennies and dimes at up to 5-6", once a quarter at 8". Recently bought the 10-14" Excelerator, now I can dig dimes at 8". I may never use the stock coil again. Plus, you can cover a lot more ground in a day with the big coil. The first couple times with the big coil, it seemed really heavy. Now I am used to it, it doesn't seem heavy at all.

mcdpoor

Mar 14, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250
I use a small sniper coil on my ACE 250 and primarily use it in trash park areas.. It does well but most targets are not very deep.. But mine finds coins at about your depths 4-5 inches consistantly.. But that is about were most items are unless you are relic hunting...Then you need to go to all metal and set your sensitivity higher and then your depth should increase a couple more inches. Or like me watch out for a good deal and buy a GTI 2500 and get depths deeper than I want to dig..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread