STILL USING MY GARRETT ADS DEEPSEEKER......(THE ORIGINAL WITH TOGGLE SWITCH)

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......I was sorting thru a lot of my detector's and was going to sell it..........But it is very sensitive and has a very stable threshold..........so I decided to keep it.......I have almost every coil made for it plus some from D-Tex that are compatible.........Using this detector with either the 12 or 10 inch coil ......I can be very competitive with anyone using a newer detector plus it is very hard for anyone to beat me on my Home Turf.......LOL.....Joe

flintstone

Mar 12, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,FISHER CZ7A,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Joe, I just got a Garrett's Master Hunter ADS 7 a week or so ago. I have used it a time or to, i have a MXT and went back to some of the places i hunted before with the MXT. The ADS 7 still pulled to more rings and $3.26 in coins. I know the rings were not new drops for they were about 4" down. I love my MXT, but if this old Garrett's keeps up doing what it is doing, it might move to the top of the line. I was told that the Master Hunters were very good. Now I believe it. Good luck Dean

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my old ADS 7 also. It has pulled many a nice targets out of the ground and I will also never sell it. It is just stashed away hanging on my wall.

XT18000

May 26, 2008
I have a ADS deepseeker that is in very good condition but the coil wire is very hard and
brittle. It still works but needs to be replaced. Any idea where to find a coil to replace it with?
If I can't find a coil for it I will sell it as is. Would also like to find a shaft for it as the one I
have has been used for a nother project.
HH

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alas my Garrett was stolen from the back of my car.
With the problem of wires going hard I always use a silicon car bumper, or should I say fender, polish on coils as the dirt doesn't stick as much and it quitens down the noise created by waves as they wash over a detector coil when working the waters edge.
Several years on I noticed that coil wire down the bottom had stayed flexible I assume from the overspray from when I've re done the coil itself.

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....I also still have my Garrett ADS 7X with the Kellyco Hothead 10 inch coil plus a lot of other coils!!.........Also have the chest/hipmount set up with the separate rod with toggle switch on it!!.....coils for the original ADS DeepSeeker are available like on Ebay or put a WTB ad on in one of the major Classified forums........I found and like using the Co-Axial coil on my original ADS Deepseeker.......it is real sensitive to non-ferrous targets plus it is good handling the salt type effects at the beach!!...............HH.........Joe

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......GOOD DEALS CAN STILL BE HAD.......just an update.......I found my current ADS Deepseeker a few years ago on ebay and got it relatively cheap.......it had the 8 inch CoAxial coil which is getting harder to find these days.............The unit works find and I can be competitive with anyone using it......the only problem was the weight..........of course the factory hip/chest mount system is not available from Garrett anymore.........so using some available hardware plus a SeaHunter Upper Rod and plus a long strap and an old D-Tex coil that had some extra coil wire attached......I converted it into a Hip/Chest mount Unit!!...........I still want to use the CoAxial coil so I have contacted Keith Wills and hopefully he can supply an extension cable to me..........HH.......Joe

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved my Garrett ADS Deepseeker, but it did have heavy current demands (6 9V batteries....4 for detector, 2 for speaker). I contributed mine to Union Mission, and miss it (at least for the memories).

The primary ADS feature was non-motion discrimination. This was Garrett's counter to White's 'whipping' motions. Garrett made the most of criticizing White's discrimination requirements. Ironically, White's technology became the standard for discrimination, and Garrett adopted it.

In the non-discrimination 'VLF' mode, the ADS Deepseeker was very powerful. If one plans to dig every target the 'VLF' mode would be a winner. Depth is significantly less in the 'Discrimination' mode, although not usually a problem for the park coin hunter.

Note that both the 'VLF' and 'Discrimination' modes were VLF. (Very Low Frequency). This simple fact was often obfuscated in various publications, to make it appear that the 'discrimination' mode utilized a different frequency. Nope.

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....Chirper97....you are right,....................the ADS DeepSeeker is a Dual Mode Detector......a VLF/TR.... although both modes are separate......both work on the same frequency of 5.5KHZ......in those days before slow motion.....it was easiest to ground balance in the VLF mode....and use this as our main mode and only switch when a target was encountered....also their was a technique called Reverse Discrimination which worked very well for most.......Whites 6000D and the Bounty Hunter Red Baron had the first motion machines although it was basicly whipping the coil to a get a target response......I read a lot of Garrett Brochures at the time.......and he had several prototypes ready but he did not like the fast whipping needed so he did not produce them to the public.....he also had one of the first VLF discriminators built as a prototype but again he did not produce it to the public because it liked an occassional nail..............HH.......Joe

saberrescue

Greenie
Oct 5, 2013
Plant City, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an A.D.S. Coin Hunter with both the 8 and 11 coil and I was thinking of selling it. It's in excellent condition (all knobs are present, no cracked gauge)and everything works on it. What would be a good asking price for something like this?

chuckinnc

Aug 20, 2009
western,nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe do you have any quick tips on how to get started with the Deepseeker. I bought one with case and 2 coils, no instructions, it uses 6x 9volt batteries and just says Garrett Deepseeker so it must be one of the first Deepseeker model made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread