Todays Mini Hunt at the Tot Lot with the great Ace 250

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today i decided to striclty hunt for gold and i found some. I set up the Ace in Custom mode to only aceppt from iron foil to Pull tabs wich by the way worked awesome. I hunted a park that i pretty much had picked clean. I started on the grass and mostly dug pull tabs and foil wich is fine because thats were gold hits alot at as well as nickels. On the grass i found a few nickels and that was it. Then I decided to hit the tot lot and was hitten foil and small buttons and small pieces of iron etc. The Ace is really a good Detector. These Ace 250s are as good as high dollar machines. I decided to search around the swings and bam hit a small gold chain with a charm of some saint. Then i continued to hunt and found a small cross that was just iron. I noticed the gold was hitten at the 5 cent mark on the Ace or the foil range or pul tab range. I tested a few gold items i had with me as well. These Ace 250 find small gold chains that pretty impressive for a 200 dollar machine. Ive found more jewlry with this Ace 250 than My Minelabs and others. Not to say Minelab and others arent good its just this machine is simple an d efective. From now on ill youse this custom mode for gold works really well

Attachments

• 226lot.jpg
    226lot.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 226lot.jpg
    226lot.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 315

mcdpoor

Mar 14, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250
Yep the Ace can do the job.. Looks like you had a great day and found a hot spot..WTG

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks the Ace 250 is my favorite of all the detectors ive used. Its easy to use and identify gold, silver, and coins with it. Cant beat that. And pretty dam acurate too for a 200 dollar detector.

aslterp7

Nov 1, 2009
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, automaxx pinpointer, garrett pro pinpointer
Thanks for the info on the gold settings for the ace 250. I have one and just started so this is a good idea for some places that I was searching - so I can go again and maybe find some gold. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread