ACE 250 okay for CW relic hunting...?

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Live in a hysterical..er histOrical area...though most has been chopped up and turned into subdivisions, condos, and riverside restaurants...

I'm looking to find other places to rescue CW relics in the Atlanta area (though I am SURE they have been all hunted to DEATH in the last 30 years...)

Will the Garrett Ace 250 be a sufficient beginners model to find Ringers, Balls, Iron, Buckles, etc ..?

Or should I take the extra plunge and perhaps try a Tesoro Vaquero or the like?

I am a beginner...but I'm ready to get started NOWWWW :laughing7:

and Dick's sporting goods has the two-fitty (250) on sale...

thanks for any help and keep rescuing history!!!!

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I have used the Ace250 for a good while and my main reason for getting is was for CW relics. I have found quite a bit of CW relics with it. It gets good depth on alot of targets. You can also buy larger coils that will get you better depth and you can buy the sniper coil to work better in trash. My brother in law uses the Ace250 almost exclusively and he amazes me with the finds he makes. It's all about learning the machine and keeping at it.
If you have the extra cash then I would go with the Tesoro Vaquero but if you don't the Ace250 is a really good machine.

You can get the Ace250 for $212.50 with free shipping plus a few extras from one of our sponsers:

http://www.metaldetector.cc/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=223

That's about as good of a deal as you are going to get anywhere.

Ragic

Nov 2, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Tesoro Silver Umax
How much is it at Dicks on sale? Website says $212 anyplace online has it for $212.

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
189.99 w matching purse and 3 inch pumps ...

wait um....I've said too much hahah

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Relics your looking for are made out of metal. The Ace 250 is a metal detector. So go for it! I found a Sharps bullet at 10 inches with the 9x12 coil.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
It'll get the job done. Learn to use your tools well and you can find lots of stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread