FREEDOM 3 COIN COMMANDER..........

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
........I had one a while back.....I should have kept it......was one of the better of the newer Garrett's...........it has the Crossfire Coils......so I know that it has better depth than the ones with the older CoPlaner Coils...............any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.........Joe

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a freedom 2 coin commander and i have always thought that it was the best detector i ever had. Better than the garrets i have now....... I wish i would have not sold it. But on the freedom 2 Garrett does not have any coils to fit it any more. So if the coil goes you would have to hunt for one.So if you were lucky you might find one...........

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Joe(TX) said:
........I had one a while back.....I should have kept it......was one of the better of the newer Garrett's...........it has the Crossfire Coils......so I know that it has better depth than the ones with the older CoPlaner Coils...............any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.........Joe

I just picked up an older Freedom 3 Coin Commander with a 7.5" Deepseeking coil . I've only used it for about an hr.+ 1/2 at a trash filled lot that doesn't give up many coins and managed to pull out 2 copper memorial cents and some great sounding high conductor trash . With the dual discrimination knobs and the different tones ( I like the belltone) it's a fun detector . With a little more use I think I could do quite well with it .
I just got it on a whim because the price was right and I have never owned a Garrett's . It's a little on the heavy side but the balance isn't bad . It's sure made with quality like an old classic Cadillac .

H H ,
George

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
The Freedom II Coin Commander was the first detector I ever bought.... back in 1984. I loved it...... dug the heck outta coins with it. I sold it about 10 years back..... with the 12 or 12 1/2 Crossfire coil still on it. I think I still have the smaller ( is it an 8" ) coil laying around somewhere. I still have a Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX III in my closet..... it no longer works... got wet several years back. It has the larger coil still on it. But, this coil had to be repaired by my father-in-law. I tripped and fell with it, and snapped the "rings" off the coil where it is held to the shaft.... where the screw went thru. Took some plexiglass and some sort of bonding cement and rebuilt the mounting rings..... this worked fine..... until I left the machine in the back of my truck..... and overnight, a huge thunderstorm filled the bed of my truck up! LOL It was parked slightly downhill, and the control box got submerged.... not good at all. If someone needed any of the above, I'm sure I could make them a great deal on the stuff.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
A lot of folks have spoken positively about this detector. I have even seen "looking for" FREEDOM 3 COIN COMMANDER detector in classifieds. I think Garrett has a limited supply of parts available for it. It just goes to show you that newer is not always better. If I saw one at a good price, I too would probably buy it. I like those older concentric coils. :hello2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll tell you i got more with that old .." FREEDOM 2 COIN COMMANDER ".. than i ever got with my newer Garretts or Minelabs . John is right on there Newer is not better.

Attachments

• jackhammer2.gif
    jackhammer2.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,544
  • jackhammer2.gif
    jackhammer2.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,556

oroh2o

Mar 10, 2006
I have a friend who uses the C C 3 with standard coil. He will not use any of his other machines for coin shooting. He has asked me to help find a 10" or 12" coil (5.5khz- 5 pin) for this machine. Shoot me an e-mail if you have one for sale..........Thanks.................L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread