ACE 250 Settings

jswillis

Dec 22, 2009
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just got in from an afternoon of detecting, and I have a question, When searching an old dump on a farm what is the best setting for the 250? I tried jewelry and had some success, 1942 nickel, 1955 quarter were the oldest. There are other areas I am going to look at tomorrow and was just thinking what if there is a better setting and I missed some good stuff! Thanks for the help

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like what you're doing is working. You got silver!

I don't think there's a whole lot of tweaking you can do with the 250. I usually use jewelry or all metal mode with sensitivity around 5 bars. If I get into a trashy area where the detector beeps like crazy I'll bump the sensitivity down a notch or two (or more). If I'm in a clean area I'll bump the sensitivity up to six as long as it does not start to false. My 250 likes to give a false high tone when I catch the edge of a iron piece. Sometimes I'll just put it in all metal and find where all the iron hits are in a small square area. Then after knowing where the iron is I'll working in between the iron hoping for a good signal.

Good Luck!
-Swartzie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread