ACE 250 Settings
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2009
    South Carolina
    Ace 250

ACE 250 Settings

I just got in from an afternoon of detecting, and I have a question, When searching an old dump on a farm what is the best setting for the 250? I tried jewelry and had some success, 1942 nickel, 1955 quarter were the oldest. There are other areas I am going to look at tomorrow and was just thinking what if there is a better setting and I missed some good stuff! Thanks for the help

us
    Mar 2009
    Tuscarawas County, Ohio
    Tesoro Tejon
    48 times
    Relic Hunting

Re: ACE 250 Settings

Sounds like what you're doing is working. You got silver!

I don't think there's a whole lot of tweaking you can do with the 250. I usually use jewelry or all metal mode with sensitivity around 5 bars. If I get into a trashy area where the detector beeps like crazy I'll bump the sensitivity down a notch or two (or more). If I'm in a clean area I'll bump the sensitivity up to six as long as it does not start to false. My 250 likes to give a false high tone when I catch the edge of a iron piece. Sometimes I'll just put it in all metal and find where all the iron hits are in a small square area. Then after knowing where the iron is I'll working in between the iron hoping for a good signal.

Good Luck!
    -Swartzie
    Keep calm and dig on

us
    NAVY COMBAT CORPSMAN

Nov 2006
    Park Hills, MO
    Garrett ACE 250
    1 times

Re: ACE 250 Settings

You might want to try the little sniper coil........it's really good for trashy areas!
    COINS FOUND WITH ACE 250 (2010)

Pennies -116*
    Nickels - 7
    Dimes - 28
    Quarters - 25
    Halves - 0
    Dollars - 0
    Gold / Silver Rings - 1

(*6 Wheat Cents)

Sponsored Links