apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too. I just purchased an ACE 250. I am still in the learning mode. Found 3 clad quarters on top of each other at a tot-lot--and it read 50Cent. I still find that I am digging a much larger area than I should.
apush

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
With the coil centered by moving side to side using the pinpoint button until the object is centered in the middle of the coil, pull the coil back until the sound goes away. The object will be just on top of the inner loop of the coil.

John K

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on Youtube for CrackBadger,video's ,in metal detecting.

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
this helped me. get some bright colored golf tees. pinpoint one way put in a tee swing at 90 degrees. put in another tee. nough said. and watch crackbadger videos

OP
OP
Monolyth

Monolyth

Jan 8, 2010
oregon coast
Detector(s) used
tiger shark/ xterra 305
favored papa said:
this helped me. get some bright colored golf tees. pinpoint one way put in a tee swing at 90 degrees. put in another tee. nough said. and watch crackbadger videos
[/
quote]

I'll try it out, thx for all the help:)

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I was going to recommend CrackBadger as well, but you guys beat me to it. That guy is legendary with the Ace 250.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
hope this helps....

Attachments

• Detuning the Ace 250.jpg
    Detuning the Ace 250.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 303

kimseyco

Aug 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250-Whites MXT
i have an ace 250 also and it is a great detector but in my opinion it sucks when pinpointing. i think the button that u push to pin point with has a problem with making solid repeating contact so i did not use that at all. i just used the normal detecting method and pulled the coil back towards me and when the sound went away the coin was under the front coil element. worked much better for me and was repeatable . try it about 30 minutes and i would venture u will like that method better.

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
I watched the videos and learned a few great tips. I've been happy with my 250 for the last 3 years, but didn't know these tips. I'm the guy that digs up the aluminum cans, but not anymore. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread