Ace 250, DD Coil Vs. Concentric Coil

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I ordered the Garrett Performa coil for my 250. I'm not really sure how mineralized the soil is where I live as I just moved. Would the 10 X 14 DD coil go deeper if the soil is more on the heavily mineralized side Vs. milder soil? I like the easier pinpointing of the concentric coil over the DD coil as well as the lower price. I'm going to give the Garrett coil a chance, but may at a later date buy the DD coil if it would go deep enought to make a difference. I'm thinking that I could run the sensitivity higher with the DD coil without getting falsing. I'm in Idaho near the Teton Valley.

Thanks, John K

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used the 250, but I have used a lot of DD coils on my Minelabs, they are not hard to pinpoint with once you practice a little....I can pinpoint with my 15" WOT as quick as I can with the 10 inch stock coil, and almost as quick with my 15'x18 inch SEF Butterfly coil....DD is about all I use, use them maybe 99% of the time...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread