Garretts or Bounty Hunter

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's gonna be repeated time & time again, so I'll go ahead and say it... the Ace 250.

Bran <><

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
A no-brainer..... "ACE 250"​

Attachments

• ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 736
  • ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 739

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I like both of them.

It will be your personal preference as to what you get.

If you take the time to learn either machine then it will work equally well for you.

Just don't test them in the house ;D

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett is the better choice. Cliff

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I myself would pick the ace 250 because I own two garrett machines and have no problems
with either one :thumbsup: don't know to much about Bounty hunters
have heard good and bad things on certain models in the past about them
can't go wrong with garretts :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
250, LOVE MINE...Had it about 3, or 4 years...My Bounty Hunter Land Star lives in the trunk most of the time............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely the Garrett Ace 250 over the BH. You will be wanting to upgrade soon after using the Bounty Hunter an I've seen it happen many times. Money wasted again..............

OP
OP
Rusted Nail

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster
Thanks, I was just concerned about the cost of additional coils, the coils for the BH seem to be a little more reasonably priced, I notice a lot of good things are posted on the Garretts and sounds like they stand behind their products, I 've got plenty of time to decide as we seem to be in a deep freeze for now. Tinkering with the old Garretts and researching some places to hit when things thaw out. Built a plug cutter and thinking of fashioning up a digging device out of an old wood rasp, 8)

Attachments

• IMG_0513[1].jpg
    IMG_0513[1].jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0515[1].jpg
    IMG_0515[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 655

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you wouldn't use a plug cutter like this that cuts all the way around instead of a 3 sided cut. During dry weather the plugs can dry out because all the roots are cut.

I've seen dried lil circles all over the grass at my parks. Caught one guy damaging the grass this way and he got a ticket from our deputies, went to court, paid fines and damages to the park system. Sorry to be mean, but I warned this guy before about filling his holes and taking his trash with him. We have enough parks being closed to us by the slobs.

OP
OP
Rusted Nail

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster
Last time I checked the roots in the grass around here go gown :-\ Besides I'm not planning on hunting in parks , I would not want anyone cutting even three side holes in any our parks, in a dry spell I don't care what kind of hole you dig it's going to do its toll, Parks are not intended to have people digging around in the lawns, too many other places to spend my time.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
having owned and used both types in the past --my advice is hold on a bit longer and get a teknetics delta 4000 *(see the kelly co site linked to here for it $ 279 ) with its 0 to 99 numbers display --it has 99 slots in which to sort things out into vs the 8 sections on a ace 250 -- thus its a better sorter ( its my current machine --my ace 250 is my back up / loaner)-- if the choice is between bounty hunter and 250 only --go with the ace 250 would be my advice .

wescowood

Greenie
Mar 5, 2010
Perkins, Okla
Detector(s) used
Ace-250 , BH Tracker-4
Ive used Bounty Hunter Tracker-4 for about 6 yrs and really liked it. I decided I wanted a new detector and got to looking around at some of the local dealers. I thought I would really like the QD-2 until I tried it out. I didn"t care for it at all. So I talked to the people at kellyco and bought a ace-250. Its not that much higher but alot better detector in my honest opinion. Something else you might try is to find a local dealer in your area and try each detector out before you buy.

HH, Wes.

rocky735

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have one of each. I have a Bounty Hunter and an Ace 250. My Bounty hunter found ok stuff such as lots of clad and zincons and went down to about 5 or 6 inches. The Ace 250 found me a couple of deeper wheats + all the other stuff above and it goes down 8+ inches. Both are pretty good detectors but the 250 would probably be the better choice. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread