To share or not to share

McIntosh

Feb 12, 2010
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
If 3 of you are looking for treasure (say in an old run down house & property), 1 makes a substantial find, should that person share or not share with the other 2 folks? Now this "hunt" was for everyone to find "what" they can find that "they like" & take it home.

I'd like some folks opinions please & thanks.

P.S.> maybe it is better to hunt alone. Seems a shame tho.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If i was on a hunt were there might be some really good find's that is worth a good sum of $ that would have to be a decision made before hand. On that type of hunt i hunt alone or with a family member only. If i am out just knocking around and hunt with some one we dont split any thing. It is a decision to make before you start to hunt every one looks at it different.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy said:
If i was on a hunt were there might be some really good find's that is worth a good sum of $ that would have to be a decision made before hand. On that type of hunt i hunt alone or with a family member only. If i am out just knocking around and hunt with some one we dont split any thing. It is a decision to make before you start to hunt every one looks at it different.
Fair enough! It's a good way to do it.

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any dividing should be agreed upon before the hunt or it is finders keepers just my opinion . bildon

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:

There is nothing wrong with sharing the finds equally, but this has to be a decision made before hand..... Should you still share if one of you takes a nap? I think it is best if everyone just keeps their own finds and compare them at the end of the hunt. :thumbsup:

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
I agree with everyone unless it is an old family property in that case the finder just beet everyone else to part of the family's inheritance. a split may be called fore then

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a place that none of us own, whoever finds it keeps it, unless you made some agreement before hand...I mean anyone could have found it.....Now if it is my property that we are hunting on, well now that makes it a bit different.....The first time I took my buddy detecting on the Texas City Dike, he found a big a$$ Gold Cross...It was all his no question about it..(He had never held a detector before, and it was MY detector he found it with)...I was a bit jealous tho, I must admit, but I would have never ask him to share it with me....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions