ACE 250 In A Virtual Reality Hunt Gets 1st 2010 Gold Ring

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
711A.jpg

Woke up early this morning. I just worked too many days in a row and I needed a day to metal detect real bad. The weather was marginal....snow, wind and below freezing temperatures. The desire to hunt took over, so I put a hot pack on the ACE, a jacket on me, some snow boots and to the car I went.

711b.jpg

First stop....a 7-11, where I got a couple of dogs and a fountain pop. Not necessarily the healthiest meal, but tastes real good. :)

711c.jpg

I headed out of town today, and here is the first hill, the first of three I hunted today. I got my gear together, and headed to the hill. I suddenly heard a lot of screaming, turned around and one of my my worst nightmares was developing. About 40 young screaming kids, overloaded with hormones with snow easy carpets were about to invade my hill, which looked so very promising. I turned around and headed back to my car, but not before hearing verbal snarls directed at me, about a traesure hunter looking for buried treasure in the snow...bahahahahahahahah!

I sat in the car, read the paper, and after about 15minutes, those little monsters headed back to their nearby school, and again, I had possession of the hill.

711d.jpg

Things now started to get better. My first decent signal ended up being a cell phone, my second one in the last couple of weeks. The second signal was a 2 dollar coin. A found several more coins after this hill was completed, and then I headed to another hill.

711e.jpg

And things got even better yet. I had just about wrapped up my last line gridding the bottom of the hill, and while walking back to my car, I got a signal, looked down and saw what appeared to be a round gold object. I got down on my hands and knees, looked closely, and by golly, a gold colored ring. My first one this year. Was it gold or a nitro? When I got hope, I grabbed my jeweller's loop and along the side was a clear stamp "10K".

711g.jpg

I did manage some interesting finds today. Lots of one and two dollar coins and some more jewellery.

711f.jpg

Here's a pic of all my finds. As usual, I dug all good sounding targets, regardless of where they discriminated out as. And below is my second phone that I found in the last couple of weeks. The last one was returned to its rightful owner. Hopefully this one will still work and I will be able to return it also! :)

Attachments

• 711 z.jpg
    711 z.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 377

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
you're the man, I have tried a few snow hills as you call them and was almost skunked. but we have had very little snow this year just not enough people out i guess.

keep dinging

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul John ! Keep up the good diggen! hh Extractor

Top Member Reactions