Why will not Garrett make a VLF water detector?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
Yup, I agree with your idea there Sandman. If they could make a detector that use VLF & PI technology in one unit & of course it would have to be water proof, now where talking! :hello2:
Unfortunately this probably not happen in our life time! So I'm going to wait for my Tax return & buy the Infinium!
Checked out the Minelab Etrac, sound like they've been having difficulties with these units & with Minelab service from what I've been reading.
Enough for me to stay clear of Minelab, but I'm becoming a firm & dedicated Garrett fan.
Even though the Infinium has been out a while, every article I read, sends me shivers up me spine.

A GTI 2500 + Infinium + water proof ( to 200ft) = THE Ultimate Detector all / dreaming & time for me to wake up! :dontknow:

GuyinWH

Apr 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemhunter said:
Yup, I agree with your idea there Sandman. If they could make a detector that use VLF & PI technology in one unit & of course it would have to be water proof, now where talking! :hello2:
Unfortunately this probably not happen in our life time! So I'm going to wait for my Tax return & buy the Infinium!
Checked out the Minelab Etrac, sound like they've been having difficulties with these units & with Minelab service from what I've been reading.
Enough for me to stay clear of Minelab, but I'm becoming a firm & dedicated Garrett fan.
Even though the Infinium has been out a while, every article I read, sends me shivers up me spine.

A GTI 2500 + Infinium + water proof ( to 200ft) = THE Ultimate Detector all / dreaming & time for me to wake up! :dontknow:

Funny you mention that. I did extensive research on Infinium and GTI 2500 before I bought my Infinium and I read something, lord knows where now, that stated that is more than likely their next big product and it seems to be a reputable source. Some sort of crossover between the two that can be used for diving. Maybe have been an Ace2500/Infinium crossover though the more i think about it. But either way I'd stay tuned for that. As I've been reading that Garrett has been falling behind and all, if they actually feel that they are, that sounds like one heck of a killer product to release. That and PI discrimination on an LCD that takes the load off your ears (Infinium).

I'd pay $10,000 for either of those in a heartbeat.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would love to see a new line come out from Garrett, especially a new VLF water machine like you suggested Sandman. I think we should all email garrett and let them known our thoughts....

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
A 2500/infinium hybrid would be amazing! I would turn in my last four years worth of clad to buy it too!

TG

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to see one it '" A GARRETT VLF WATER DETECTOR " ..... it would sell more than the Excalibur but i don't think they will. For of all the complaints about shakey shafts and they don't seem to care . If they will not make a shaft that will not shake & wobble i don't think they will make a VLF water detector.

GuyinWH

Apr 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I would love to see one it would sell more than the Excalibur but i don't think they will. For of all the complaints about shakey shafts and they don't seem to care . If they will not make a shaft that will not shake & wobble i don't think they will make a VLF water detector.

Shaky/wobbly shaft? Which detectors have those? Went to Kellyco other day and I was fooling around with GTIs and ACEs and Infinium, didn't notice any shaky shafts..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
GuyinWH said:
Keppy said:
I would love to see one it would sell more than the Excalibur but i don't think they will. For of all the complaints about shakey shafts and they don't seem to care . If they will not make a shaft that will not shake & wobble i don't think they will make a VLF water detector.

Shaky/wobbly shaft? Which detectors have those? Went to Kellyco other day and I was fooling around with GTIs and ACEs and Infinium, didn't notice any shaky shafts..
Oh yes garrett has some wobble shafts.......

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett GTI 1500 shaft wobbles some but I don't use because I lost confidence in it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
My Garrett GTI 1500 shaft wobbles some but I don't use because I lost confidence in it.
I sold my GTI 1500 for i lost confidence in mine also. Then i went and bought another one that i don't use for i have no confidence in it. BUT IF Garrett would make a VLF water detector i would buy one the same day it came out..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gemhunter said:

A water VLF detector by Garrett would be nice ...BUT a VLF & PI Detector in one unit not real.... JUST IN YOU DREAMS..

GuyinWH

Apr 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
gemhunter said:

A water VLF detector by Garrett would be nice ...BUT a VLF & PI Detector in one unit not real.... JUST IN YOU DREAMS..

Heck one can dream. But you never know. Check the australian mining/mding forums. Though, i do thinl it was akmining.com (yeah i know thats alaska not australia)? Think one guy there worked with Garrett and knows more than we ever would. If its not there it may have been another site but i'll have to look up. Do think it was an australian site or an australian engineer on an american site. Bleh i'll find something later. Cooking at the moment

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Garrett just has to make another VLF water detector. Here is the AT3 i think it was a 1987 detector good for a depth of 6 feet but that is all you need for wading and surf hunting.......

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 276

GuyinWH

Apr 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, no way I'm finding anything now.
One more fantasy rumor to dream about though right haha.
But yeah VLF water detector would be nice also.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I bought my first Garrett detector in 1981 and I have owned about a dozen different Garretts since then but my favorite was the AT3 that I bought in 1987; I think I paid $387. for the package from Kellyco and now if you can find a 20 year old AT3 or AT4 on the forums or ebay they usually are going for around $300.

They were basically the Freedom 3 electronics in a waterproof (to 6 feet) housing. It seems that if Garret could do it in the 80s they could do it today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread