So You Think The Place Is Hunted Out? Well Try This To Still Squeeze Some Out

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
maskone.jpg

Lots of good targets are still out there, even in those hunted out spots. Junk targets tend to mask good targets. Junk targets can totally eliminate a decent signal from a good target nearby or underneath or even change a signal to read a good target as junk. And we all know that there is lots of junk out there mixed with some decent targets such as old coins and rings.

My buddy and I couldn't figure out at first over coffee this morning where to hunt. The same old places were giving up less and less good targets. We decided to change our approach, and hunt a few places we knew that were littered with pull tabs, nails, wire, bottle caps.....yet were located near several spots giving up silver. Our goal was to remove all the junk targets and see if there were any other good targets masked amongst all this junk. After about 45 minutes of digging "ALL" junk targets, we started to get some good results.

RINGWHEAT.jpg

Removing a rusty nail opened up the area to respond to a coin at about 6 inches. Out came a 1920 wheat cent. A little while later, my buddy was removing a pull-tan and foil, when he too got a coin signal. He lucked out with a beautiful girls ring, which appears to have a couple of black pearls on it.

This new approach seems to work. The same scenarios appeared several more times....

Image5.jpg

A couple more coins found in a junk littered area, right beside a path, which has been hunted many, many times in the past by several detectorists. There was a broken Coke bottles laying in the dirt, and I found the bottom nearby which had the number
53 on it, dating the bottle to being produced in 1953.

Both of us got coins. He got the ring and silver coin today. I got the oldest. We both had a great time....

Below is my take for the day, minus the junk.​

Attachments

• blackberry.jpg
    blackberry.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 282

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions