Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to a club hunt the 30th and was out back practicing on my coin garden. We have a deep hunt from 6 to 10" and I had a nickel buried at 8" I was trying to find. I had my GT 2500 with all the bells and whistles, aids, and Sunray coil probe. I couldn't find it! I even knew just about where it was. It had been in the ground a good six months so it should have been a valid target. I hunted and listened and hunted and listened and finally dug up a bunch of trash in two places, spent most of 30 minutes and I couldn't find it! So, I went and got my ACE 250 and found it in less than 2 minutes!!!!! That little sucker amazes me nearly every time I take it out! I'm tempted to get rid of everything I've got except my PI water detector and get another one. Who needs bells and whistles? All I need is my ACE 250! Guess who's going to the club hunt with me? Monty

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
Hi Monty, sorry to here about your experience with the GTI 2500. What coil were you using/what mode were you in?
I just got my GTI 2500 in the mail on the 19th, I've been trying to digest all the info I can, before I go to the Yukon looking for gold/relics.
Hope to learn enough on the GTI in about 3 months to finds the good stuff. I probably wouldn't even consider competition for at least a year of using GTI. I tend to panic under competitive preasure. ::)

I't's like they say practice makes perfect. ;D
Dave

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gemhunter, I was using first the standard 9" coil and the various descrimination programs. Then I switched to all metal. Then I .....well, I used every trick I could think of and still couldn't find it. I did get a one way hit on the area where it was finally found, but I should have been able to get a double tones when I went over it in two directions. On the second pass with the ACE I got that familiar Beep, Beep and zeroed in on it. Monty

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
Monty, was that the new 9.5 coil?
What coil did you use on the Ace?

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ACE had the standard coil on it. I just got the new larger coil and have been playing with it for a few days. I think I have it figured out how to pinpoint with it. Now if I could just find something! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread