Kudos to the Garrett Co.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
A coupla months ago,I made a trade with a person in CA,I live in MO.It was my drywasher for his Garrett Gold Scorpion.He was pleased and I was also.But not knowing anything about the Scorpion and there was no manual,I packed it up and sent it to the Garrett Co and asked them to check it out and replace anything borderline or weak and to provide a owners manual and also a set of coil connecting bolts.I sent it Mon via priority mail.Today Garrett called and said that they retuned it but that it really was in new condition,they said they have an owner's manual and the bolts.When I asked what I owed,they said nothing that the unit was still under warranty no matter where or when I got it.*** I LIKE THAT COMPANY! This is the second or third time I've dealt with them and it has been that way each time.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty much my experience with the Garrett folks. They were extremely fast in their turnaround and took care of the problem , no cost ! Monty

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)when I got my GTA 1350,the bolt for the coil was missing-I called the "Dealer",big "K"-Ya know what they told me??Basically,"THEY COME FROM THE FACTORY TO US ALREADY PRE-PACKED-ITS NOT OUR FAULT"....I called Garrett,they apologized all over the place and sent me out the bolt I needed-NEXT DAY AIR,almost $15.00 they had to cover....I also complained about their distributor,the big "K";and the shabby way I was treated by their customer service;and they said they were going to have nice little'heart-to-heart'with them about it... >:( ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett and the others are using the "Big K" because of the advertising they do and the amount of equipment they sell. Tesoro does not let "Big K" sell their detectors and support the dealers which give superior service anyway.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Sandman256 said:
Garrett and the others are using the "Big K" because of the advertising they do and the amount of equipment they sell. Tesoro does not let "Big K" sell their detectors and support the dealers which give superior service anyway.

Yeah, but I like being able to walk into Big K and pick up a decent non-bounty hunter detector, instead of searching the internet for a dealer, having to drive alot further to a dealer, then being treated like a retard because I'm not interested in their high dollar models, or being pressured from a sales person who gets commission off each sale.
There is a time and place for each detector purchase, and I like the easy way the best.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always liked Garrett for their service.
Recently I e-mailed them to ask if a certain switch was still available for an older model Garrett detector.
Unfortunately the part is no longer available, but the guy referred me to a place that may still have the part.
I haven't contacted them yet, but was surprised that the Garrett sales rep. would refer me to a place who may be stock older components. Most companies would rather just sell you a new detector.
His E-mail reply came in less than 3 days.
Thanks Garrett!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's nice to see that Garrett customer service has and still is FANTASTIC!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread