Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
AT Pro & Scorpion

Some say that the AT Pro is a modified 15 kHz Scorpion Gold Stinger ... Being waterproof and lighter......... But if it was only that.......... That would be great in it's self. ............but it is a lot more than that............. This is a detector that no other detector company has made ....... It has every thing that we the consumer have been asking for my self i like the ............internal & external speakers........A FIRST.... no other detector Co. has come up with all this detector has........... I really do think it will slow down the sales of the other detector companys this season..........

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: AT Pro & Scorpion

I with you Keppy. Very excited about this detector.

I sure hope it lives up to the promise. If it does, Garrett is going to sell A LOT of these! :icon_thumleft:

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If it lives up to its hype, I think I may have to get me one next spring. I read one post where Garrett put on a demo for their dealers and it could pick out a coin under a nail.

http://members5.boardhost.com/MetalDetecting/msg/1285942964.html

Now that would be something it would open up a whole new area of detecting. If it's true.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Check out the videos on Youtube-it shows it doing exactly that! I think this detector is already causing a rise in detector sales...of used detectors folks are unloading to buy the AT Pro!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got a question about this new machine, maybe one of you will know the answer. I watched the video segments and in the second segment he was pretty clear about it being only a "freshwater machine". I was just curious if the lower half, (shaft and coil) is suitable to a saltwater environment? If so, sounds like a machine I might be interested in.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop said:
Got a question about this new machine, maybe one of you will know the answer. I watched the video segments and in the second segment he was pretty clear about it being only a "freshwater machine". I was just curious if the lower half, (shaft and coil) is suitable to a saltwater environment? If so, sounds like a machine I might be interested in.

It seemed to me more like they did not emphasize its use in salt water. I think that is because they have two salt water machines that are used in SCUBA diving already. Plus the fact it is not a PI, but VLF machine without a salt elimination mode. I think with the manual ground balance, though you will be able to balance for the salt and have a very good beach/surf machine. But like any good detector, there will be a learning curve. I just think on the AT Pro, the learning curve will be more how to get the most out of an awesome machine than simpy how to use it. It can be used like an Ace, which is a piece of cake! Or go Pro and really see some amazing detecting.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

There was a mention that if your hunting the beach and get hit by a big wave the detector is safe. But with such an expanded iron resolution, ground balance and DD coil - it will be better than the other VLF single freq machines out there. You still have to remember that this machine will sell for 597! At 597 it has more features than any other machine being offered by anyone.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

khouse said:
There was a mention that if your hunting the beach and get hit by a big wave the detector is safe. But with such an expanded iron resolution, ground balance and DD coil - it will be better than the other VLF single freq machines out there. You still have to remember that this machine will sell for 597! At 597 it has more features than any other machine being offered by anyone.
khouse ... A lot out there don't realize what all they are getting in the AT Pro for such a low price.........

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

pyledriver said:
Check out the videos on Youtube-it shows it doing exactly that! I think this detector is already causing a rise in detector sales...of used detectors folks are unloading to buy the AT Pro!
I know a few that sold there Minelabs and Whites to get the AT Pro... I sold my Sovereign and then ordered a AT Pro so i am in that group of sellers that sold off there detectors to get a hold of the new Garrett...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread