Heres The Whole Series On The Garrett Pro - About An Hour Total

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• true_size.jpg
    true_size.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,302
  • true_size.jpg
    true_size.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,300

GSim

Greenie
Jul 1, 2009
Re: Hers The Whole Series On The Garrett Pro - About An Hour Total

Great :icon_thumright:Thank's for the videos

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the videos. I wonder if I can sweep my coil that fast to get those same responses they get on coins and nuggets.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John,

Thanks for the videos. Awesome machine. Mine is on order!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In the second segment he was pretty clear about specifying, "fresh water". I wonder if this exclusion of salt water includes the entire machine, or just the control box? Sounds like a great product but I wish these manufactures would start installing suitable saltwater materials in the lower half.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The younger Garrett specifically mentioned taking it to the beach and getting into the surf. So I think we're good on that point. The engineer may have forgot to mention it.

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

The younger Garrett specifically mentioned taking it to the beach and getting into the surf.

Okay, I watched all the videos. Its a go for beach and shallow saltwater. The waterproof headphones are an upgrade (not included in base price) but that's still a lot of machine for the money.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If those air tests are any representation of what happens in the field, Garrett has created a whole new ballgame.

It sounds like some of the top dogs may soon find themselves playing "catch up" with Garrett.

I don't like making overstatements or being dramatic, but that is an honest assessment IMHO.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This was written in the read more area of kellycos add for the AT Pro. In any of the other adds or videos does it say compleatly submersed under the surf? Arty

The AT Pro is engineered with a waterproof housing and connectors to protect in dusty, muddy, wet and humid environments. The AT Pro can be immersed in water to a 10-foot depth (maximum) to search in and along shorelines, rivers, piers, docks or swimming holes, as well as all land sites from mountains to dry deserts. AT (All-Terrain) can be used anywhere on land or in water. Arty

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

In any of the other adds or videos does it say compleatly submersed under the surf?

On video #4 above, go to the 9:54 mark and hear what he has to say. On video #1 go to 3:49 mark. What do you think?

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!

Man, I have to watch these after Family Guy tonight lol. Thanks!

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks DanFL1962, Seems like shallow surf is the key words used when talking about getting this wet in a salt environment. If I was selling a machine that is waterproof and discriminates and can be taken into and under the surf I would mention it at least somewhere. Anyone hear otherwise? Arty

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

artyfacts said:
Thanks DanFL1962, Seems like shallow surf is the key words used when talking about getting this wet in a salt environment. If I was selling a machine that is waterproof and discriminates and can be taken into and under the surf I would mention it at least somewhere. Anyone hear otherwise? Arty
I don't understand why some do not understand what to the depth of 10 feet means ? ...........To me that is great for i never go that deep any how ............At times i might get the detector under 5 or 6 feet If you understand what to the depth of 10 feet means that means the detector will go under the water to a depth of 10 feet with no harm to the AT Pro................... They could not make it any more easy to understand..............................

Attachments

• Engine.gif
    Engine.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Engine.gif
    Engine.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,137

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

There is no difference between waterproof and saltwater proof. Knowing Garrett, consider this machine to be something else...bulletproof.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did not see any video on it getting kerpluckt in the surf or any mention of its salt abilities. Just that its water proof to ten feet and its good in the shallow surf. My interests are in a detector in and under the surf that works better than whats on the market. My watch is water proof to 200m but it doesn't work.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
artyfacts said:
I don't understand why some do not understand what to the depth of 10 feet means ? ...........To me that is great for i never go that deep any how ............At times i might get the detector under 5 or 6 feet If you understand what to the depth of 10 feet means that means the detector will go under the water to a depth of 10 feet with no harm to the AT Pro................... They could not make it any more easy to understand..............................

Right, we get that,.....but in one presentation they say, "fresh water" so we're just a bit confused if this machine can handle that same 10ft in a constant saltwater environment? I think Smudge is probably right, but if not then potential buyers need to know that prior to the purchase. After all, we may soon be one of them and we know what salt can do to a detector that's not designed to handle it.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Couldn't of said it any better. My point was exactly, why wouldn't they have mentioned it.

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!

Now that I see the pro mode on this machine, I really can't wait to hear what the reports are like when people start really using them. Thanks for posting these! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread