Where does the Ace 250 most often see gold (platinum too)?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I've had my Ace since early May. On one bright Sunday morning in Sept. I did find two gold items. One was a dentist made eyetooth "grill", the other a Trinidad charm. I don't remember how they rang up on my Ace 250.

I've been using modified Jewelry mode (foil disc'd out), gritting my teeth and diggin' zincolns and pull tabs. Now I just read in another post that gold goes all the way to Foil on the Ace 250. I don't see that on the dial, who has actually experienced it?

I spent 2 hours today searching around a 4-swing swing set at a local park, digging everything from a nickel up. I got nowhere as far a acreage, but did end up with a pouch full of clad and another full of trash. There were a 2 or three junk jewelry items too.

So what might have I missed by discriminating out foil and lower on the Ace 250?

BTW Even bad neighborhoods are OK early Sunday morning.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck i dont have one !!!! I have a whites classic 5 ID I listen to the sounds only after reading alot of posts!!! To find more gold im going to dig alot of trash!!!!! HH chug!!!!!

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
batcap said:
I've been using modified Jewelry mode (foil disc'd out)
BTW Even bad neighborhoods are OK early Sunday morning.

my gold rings were under foil, good luck but you are probably disc them out

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could definitely be missing the gold. Just set the machine to factory jewelry and dig the foil.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Gold has the possibility of being all over the scale. Can't help you with platinum. Small ear rings and things like that get the foil reading on mine. All of the gold rings I have found with it either hit on pulltabs or screwcaps. The small childrens rings and thin ladies rings were pulltabs. The larger mens rings were screwcaps. The size and angle it's resting at could possibly make it hit on foil if it's a small ring. I personally get tired of digging foil. The Ace loves the foil and will trigger on the smallest amount. I dig the foil unless the area is just covered in it, then I'll notch it out. Good luck!

OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
ThTx said:
You could definitely be missing the gold. Just set the machine to factory jewelry and dig the foil.

Ok, I just dug out of my treasure cup 3 small pieces of gold and tested them.
1 10K pin from C&P Telephone
1 tiny 14k white gold 32nd level Mason pin
1 14k yellow gold cuff link.
The two yellow gold jump back and forth between nickel and foil. The mason pin jumps all around, sometimes all all the way down to Iron. This is probably because it's so small; I was using a sniper coil for this test.

So, has anyone found gold way up in the penny range on this detector? I just looked at my screen again, and of course the gold arrow extends all the way past nickel into foil. I don't know why I didn't see that before. And 4 for 4 gold (including dld's rings) bouncing around the foil means I won't be disc'ing it out any more.

I'm definitely digging foil from now on.
Now, where does Platinum fall? Lemme guess: Solidly in Iron. :laughing9:

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i just did a platinum test and it rang nickel

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold rings and bracelet I have found with my ACE 250 showed up as bouncing back and forth between foil, nickel and pull tab. If it is steady, it usually is one of those instead of gold. I guess all ACEs are similar but I don't know that for a fact. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions