Got my Garrett newsletter today... Double D coil for Ace

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be old hat for some of you, but I see the are making a double d coil that will work with the 250...anyone thinking about one, or using it yet??? Also I see there will be an Ace 350...Hmmm.....Sorry if this has been beat to death already, I have been away for a while.....Thoughts anyone...Thanks, Tom

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've been considering the new DD coil for my Ace 250, or maybe the 9 x 12 . Wonder which would work best on Texas Gulf Coast beaches. Will be spending the winter in Aransas Pass & need more than just the stock coil with all those beaches to cover :laughing7:

Where on the Gulf Coast are you located?

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dick from IA said:
I've been considering the new DD coil for my Ace 250, or maybe the 9 x 12 . Wonder which would work best on Texas Gulf Coast beaches. Will be spending the winter in Aransas Pass & need more than just the stock coil with all those beaches to cover :laughing7:

Where on the Gulf Coast are you located?

Boy that's fairly far from me, I am right near Galveston...I have not had a great deal of luck with my 250 around the salt water...Other wise I love it...That DD interest me because it seems to have a tight pattern of search...Mostly I use my 250 with the sniper coil....I think you will love the weather on the coast....Best of luck to you...Let us know what you get, and how you like it...Tom

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the 10x14 DD Excelerator coil on my ace 250. It covers way more ground, goes a couple inches deeper, doesn't false near as much as the stock coil, and tends to separate targets better.

-Swartzie

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Swartzie, that makes me want one more than ever....

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've got the 9X12 and it does go deeper than the stock coil, I am also going to order the new DD coil to.

I have found on the wet sand here in FL I do alright with the sensitivity in the 3 bar area, more than that and it gets sketchy.

In the dry sand tho I punch the sens up and have nailed the snot out of the little gold earring backs.

It really suprised me on those, they mostly showed as foil but outta the hole came the earring backs.

Have yet to find a gold ring, couple of cheap sterling silver rings tho.

~~Happy Hunting~~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread