GTI2500 1st hunt

phs3194

Apr 11, 2009
Kinmundy, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Garrett GTI2500, GTA 500 Ultra, Garrett Propointer
I received my GTI2500 yesterday. It is the older model with treasure talk. Took it to the backyard for a 2 hour familiarization hunt. In that time I found $1.25 in modern coins and a child's silver ring. The machine worked well and is not so different from my GTA 500 that I felt uncomfortable using it. Next time I'll try the larger coil.
Charles

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, the 2500 is a nice detector and I like it better with the smaller coils mainly because of the trashy areas I hunt. But the larger coil is great for working a large field. If you aren't using arms like superman, it helps to hang the detector from a bungee cord to support the weight with the larger coil. It sure helps after a long day.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You did very well. It was a many a hunt before I got my first ring. I too used the GTA ultra 500 for a number of years before I moved up to the GTI series. What a big difference I found out in both discrimination accuracy and depth. A little tip for you.....the more centered you are over a target, the better accuracy you get for imaging.

Good luck with the GTI 2500. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I did with mine. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• king 2500.jpg
    king 2500.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 258
OP
OP
phs3194

phs3194

Apr 11, 2009
Kinmundy, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Garrett GTI2500, GTA 500 Ultra, Garrett Propointer
Well, I took the 2500 to the local park today. I wanted to try the large coil in an area that has given up old coins in the past. The large coil was NOT a good match for this park. The large amount of trash caused a lot of false tones. Even so in about 2 hours I found $1.35 in modern coins, a 1917 d wheatie and an 1881 Indian head. This park is where I found my first barber dime back in the 70's, so I always try a new machine there.
Charles

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I sent my 2500 into the factory to get the chip updated. The customer service on the phone asked for the ser number and it started with 99 witch means built in 1999, missing the new update for ground mineralization. Sent it to them on Saturday for a complete overhaul. Cost $10 for the chip and another 40 for service. Should be back to me in a few weeks. That is a bad thing. i should have over nighted it. oh well lessen learned.

Wouldn't you just figure went to church on Sunday and someone asked me if I could locate their daughters promise ring. Dang i do not have my 2500. So I managed and searched the area where they said she had dropped it with my Garret Sea Hunter. Not the best to search a park. Good for the beach, all kinds of hits, thank god I have the new pro pointer. dug up a dime, couple of penny's and a hello kitty silver locket. Since the daughter and mom was there, just gave them the finds, told them, once i get the 2500 back will search again. If the ring is there I will find it for sure with the 2500. I will then post a pick. one thing I know using the Sea Hunter is OK but pinpointing is a pain. Will send a picture when I find the ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread