Garrett 250

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Jeff Beaumont said:
I get un repeatable signals at the beach, any help?

Maybe the sensitivity is up too high? I haven't been to the beach with mine, but we can't adjust for ground mineralization or salt, so you have to adjust down the sens.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your over the wet sand you have to lower the sens till the signals are solid. That is why most spend the extra $$$ for detectors with more features. Yours should work fine on the dry sand but remember that not all beaches are the same as far as minerization. When in doubt, always lower the sens first before cussing it out. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chocadog

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
batcap said:
Jeff Beaumont said:
I get un repeatable signals at the beach, any help?

Maybe the sensitivity is up too high? I haven't been to the beach with mine, but we can't adjust for ground mineralization or salt, so you have to adjust down the sens.

Thank you for the help

OP
OP
Chocadog

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
Sandman said:
If your over the wet sand you have to lower the sens till the signals are solid. That is why most spend the extra $$$ for detectors with more features. Yours should work fine on the dry sand but remember that not all beaches are the same as far as minerization. When in doubt, always lower the sens first before cussing it out. :laughing7:
Thank you for the help, Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread