Last Water Hunt For The Year And That Aint No Bull

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Last Water Hunt For The Year And That Ain't No Bull

frrostmc.jpg

Got up before sunrise & met Scott at McDoggies for breakfast and then we loaded up my Saturn with machines, scoops, jackets & lunch and headed to a nearby lake. It was cold. There was frost on my window, and all the dugouts with water had a layer of ice on them. It was about -4C this morning.

cows.jpg

What the heck? When was the last time you drove down a highway and ran into a bunch of cowboys herding cattle to the next ranch? This was a first for me. We had to wait for about 15 minutes for the heard to be rounded up. Then...we continued heading towards the lake, hoping that the water wouldn't be frozen like the dugouts.

urtruly.jpg

When we got to the lake, there was a light breeze from the south, preventing any ice from forming on the lake. Here's yours truly playing with the Infinium. Man....was the water ever cold. I spent about 10 minutes in the water up to my chest, then headed back to land to do some exercises to warm up. Both Scott & I repeated this scenario several times until the sun got stronger and warmed us up a bit. We lasted about 5 hours in the water, then we searched the dry sand for a while and headed home.

Below is my take for the day.​

Attachments

• bufall.jpg
    bufall.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 173

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Last Water Hunt For The Year And That Ain't No Bull

Great job John. I wonder what happened to the guy that lost the tooth?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread