Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII for nugget shooting

JCBankston

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2010
Las Cruces, NM
Detector(s) used
Garret Master Hunter ADS III (I know its old)
Hi guys , I'm new to MD'ing, and recentlly bought a Master Hunter ADS III, I have read that they are still good machines, all be it, heavy and battery hungry, but would like some opinions of people that had/ still have and use one, if they are decent machines for nugget hunting. It came with the 7.5" and 11.5" deepseeker coils, which would be better for nuggets/gold? I live in southern NM, and have some places I'd like to try it out, I just wondered how good they will work for nuggets.
John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
JCBankston said:
Hi guys , I'm new to MD'ing, and recentlly bought a Master Hunter ADS III, I have read that they are still good machines, all be it, heavy and battery hungry, but would like some opinions of people that had/ still have and use one, if they are decent machines for nugget hunting. It came with the 7.5" and 11.5" deepseeker coils, which would be better for nuggets/gold? I live in southern NM, and have some places I'd like to try it out, I just wondered how good they will work for nuggets.
John
All i can tell you about gold nuggett prospecting is most use gold detectors......I went to garretts web site and looked up the manual for the Master Hunter ADS 111 and it says that it is and can be used for prospecting for gold............But that being said any detector will find gold..........

Attachments

• garrettlogo_sm.gif
    garrettlogo_sm.gif
    785 bytes · Views: 623
  • garrettlogo_sm.gif
    garrettlogo_sm.gif
    785 bytes · Views: 626

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the marketing people at Garrett mean about it finding gold, it doesn't say how big a piece or nugget it can find. You would be much better off with a Gold Bug, Gold Stinger or one of the others designed to find gold nuggets and small ones at that. My brother lives in Albuquerque, NM. and hunts nuggets and space rocks with a couple Infiniums and a Super Lobo. He says most of his "nuggets" are pinhead size.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectors specifically designed for gold hunting have an extreme amount of electronic gain which makes them very sensitive in order to find the the tiny specks of gold. Your masterhunter will work for recreational gold hunting, but if you are hunting for profit you will need a gold machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread