Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2009
    1715 Fleet Treasure Coast
    Sea Hunter and Ace 350

ACE 350 Review

Field test on the Ace 350 First I would like to say I was disappointed in the coil It did not look filled in all the way and looks cheap.
    I contacted garrett and they sent me a new one , It was worse than the one so I sent it back. Now on to the machine as you know it is a all metal machine with notch discrimimation with means there are no special program coin relic and jewelry are all the same. Besides notching. As for the rest of the machine it is what we have came to expect from Garrett. A good machine for the money. First day took the Ace to the beach where I was impressed with the depth of the DD coil. About 9 inches on a dime in dry sand at sensitivity 6. Also in highly trashly areas the DD coil was able to target seperate very well. Also found very small gold necklace at about 4 inches. This was in jewelry mode. Now on to the wet sand all the way to the waters edge. I usually use the Sea Hunter Mark 2 here and found that the Ace 350 with foil notched out and sensitivity at 4 would not false. And found small woman wedding band at about 6 inches. And also in a ripple trough found a large man's gold wedding band at about 8 inches. All fell in pull tap range, Now on to the ball field. In relic mode with the extra iron added you will notice that the dime and quarter are on top of each other. By add the extra iron and so called iron masking, the silver notching was squezzed unlike the Ace 250 Dime, Quarter and Bottlecaps fall together. Now if you notice on the AT Pro it is the same but you are able to discriminate out bottle caps by using the iron audio. Found it did very well in Red clay and regular soil pinpointing was a breeze and found $ 4.00 dollars in cad and a nice Man's Silver wedding band. That fell in the .10 cent range all targets were 2 to 8 inches deep. Just like the Sea Hunter loves Iron the Ace 350 loves Bottlecaps. I have to say using the Ace 350 was very pleasant and enjoyable. Very well balanced and light and sweep speed 4 foot a second. Sen at 6 Just my Impressions

arMy

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1115 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Re: ACE 350 Review

That's the only thing i head bad about the 350........... The coils are or seem to be cheaply or poorly made....
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Nov 2007
    Pride, Louisiana

You are right about the coil looking cheap. It is not of the quality I've come to expect from Garrett. I contacted Garrett via e-mail and aksed if they had any kind of recall or factory bulletin on this, but I guess a no response is my answer. The 350 works great. The coil appears very shoddy and of poor workmanship.

us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    24 times
    Metal Detecting

It also looks like the AT PRO uses exactly the same coil as on the 350.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1115 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge
    It also looks like the AT PRO uses exactly the same coil as on the 350.
    I hope not that means that now should i let my order for a AT Pro stand or cancell my order.. a crap coil not good.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

Sponsors