ACE 350 Review

beachhunter90

Apr 11, 2009
1715 Fleet Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Sea Hunter and Ace 350
Field test on the Ace 350 First I would like to say I was disappointed in the coil It did not look filled in all the way and looks cheap.
I contacted garrett and they sent me a new one , It was worse than the one so I sent it back. Now on to the machine as you know it is a all metal machine with notch discrimimation with means there are no special program coin relic and jewelry are all the same. Besides notching. As for the rest of the machine it is what we have came to expect from Garrett. A good machine for the money. First day took the Ace to the beach where I was impressed with the depth of the DD coil. About 9 inches on a dime in dry sand at sensitivity 6. Also in highly trashly areas the DD coil was able to target seperate very well. Also found very small gold necklace at about 4 inches. This was in jewelry mode. Now on to the wet sand all the way to the waters edge. I usually use the Sea Hunter Mark 2 here and found that the Ace 350 with foil notched out and sensitivity at 4 would not false. And found small woman wedding band at about 6 inches. And also in a ripple trough found a large man's gold wedding band at about 8 inches. All fell in pull tap range, Now on to the ball field. In relic mode with the extra iron added you will notice that the dime and quarter are on top of each other. By add the extra iron and so called iron masking, the silver notching was squezzed unlike the Ace 250 Dime, Quarter and Bottlecaps fall together. Now if you notice on the AT Pro it is the same but you are able to discriminate out bottle caps by using the iron audio. Found it did very well in Red clay and regular soil pinpointing was a breeze and found $ 4.00 dollars in cad and a nice Man's Silver wedding band. That fell in the .10 cent range all targets were 2 to 8 inches deep. Just like the Sea Hunter loves Iron the Ace 350 loves Bottlecaps. I have to say using the Ace 350 was very pleasant and enjoyable. Very well balanced and light and sweep speed 4 foot a second. Sen at 6 Just my Impressions

arMy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That's the only thing i head bad about the 350........... The coils are or seem to be cheaply or poorly made....

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are right about the coil looking cheap. >:( It is not of the quality I've come to expect from Garrett. I contacted Garrett via e-mail and aksed if they had any kind of recall or factory bulletin on this, but I guess a no response is my answer. The 350 works great. The coil appears very shoddy and of poor workmanship.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It also looks like the AT PRO uses exactly the same coil as on the 350.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge said:
It also looks like the AT PRO uses exactly the same coil as on the 350.
I hope not that means that now should i let my order for a AT Pro stand or cancell my order.. a crap coil not good.

Attachments

• t87096j948q.jpg
    t87096j948q.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 11,594
  • t87096j948q.jpg
    t87096j948q.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 11,570

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro and ACE 350 do not use the same coil. Different part numbers.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not so good in wet sand. But overall the 350 is not a bad price point machine.

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both machines (350 an ATP) and not sure what you mean by "they look cheap" referring to the coil. Both coils look the same and are built the same way. Mine work great with no issues.. Stop looking at it and see how it works, then judge it.

Bud

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had any issues with my 350s coil and I wasn't easy on it at all. No coil cover either. I have the pro also and no problems with it either. In my opinion they are great machines that give me great pleasure when I get a chance to detect around my busy work schedule. Good luck its a great coin machine.

SouthTexasHunter

Mar 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct. The 350 loves the bottle caps. But after many hours now trying to figure out a way to avoid digging said bottle caps, I believe I have found a way. When I get that bottle cap signal that hits the quarter/dime notch EVERY time, I simply wave the coil over it numerous times keeping a close eye on the LCD screen. If the the signal wavers off the quarter/dime notch for even a second, it's a bottle cap. If the signal remains steady and locked on the quarter/dime notch, I then reposition myself 90 degrees and wave the coil over the target several times again. Same thing. If the signal does not remain locked onto the quarter/dime notch, move on. If it does remain locked, dig up your new quarter or dime and put it in your keepers pocket. Hope this helps.

SouthTexasHunter

Mar 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE POST!!!!! After doing some air testing to confirm my theory about the bottle caps, it seems as though I may have been passing on some good targets using this method. Silver rings and medallions as well as silver coins wavered off the notch and gave me a reading that I would normally pass up without digging. Shame on me. The 350 continues to be a bottle cap finder with no foolproof way of discriminating them out without risking passing on good targets. Good luck all.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the detector it's the DD coil. This is true on any machine. Try a concentric if you are coinshooting in trashy bottlecapp type places

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I slowly pull the coil backwards,while wiggling it. If it's a coin the sound will break off cleanly! If it's a bottle cap,it will have a slight buzz,or fuzzy sound as it breaks off. I hunt with my ears. The last thing I ever look at is the display. Once you get your ears trained to the sounds,you will dig more finds,and less trash.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread