Finally, After 3 Years I Had To Replace My 9 Volt Batteries....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The scorpion uses 3 x 9 volt batteries, and because I use my Scorpion a lot, I opted to save money by buying 9 volt NiMH rechargeables. The ones I originally purchased served me well. They had 200 mAp capacity, and although sold as 9 volts, their actual voltage output was 8.4 volts. For the first two seasons, they held a charge for about 12 hours, allowing 2-3 hunts per charge. Then, the ability to hold a charge time started dropping off until recently, where they would hold a charge for only a couple of hours, even with a hot pac in cold temperatures.

My new ones I purchased have a capacity of 230 mAp/hour and an actual output of 9.6 volts. I tried them out last evening in the cold (5 degrees below freezing)and after about 1 1/2 hours still held nearly all the same power, judged by the number of beeps the Scorpion makes when you turn it on. It sure looks promising.

If you are planning to buy some of these, be forewarned that there are cheap ones available on line, in the 3-5$ range, and they are CHEAP! They don't live up to what they are advertised to. This is on situation where you should not buy the cheap stuff.The scorpion uses 3 x 9 volt batteries, and because I use my Scorpion a lot, I opted to save money by buying 9 volt NiMH rechargeables. The ones I originally purchased served me well. They had 200 mAp capacity, and although sold as 9 volts, their actual voltage output was 8.4 volts. For the first two seasons, they held a charge for about 12 hours, allowing 2-3 hunts per charge. Then, the ability to hold a charge time started dropping off until recently, where they would hold a charge for only a couple of hours, even with a hot pac in cold temperatures.

Attachments

• 9V230.jpg
    9V230.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 159
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
glad to know these true voltage type exist.

i havent seen these anywhere.

i use eveready nimh rechargeable in my tesoros.

and they have saved me a ton of money.

hunting time plus at least 20 oops where the machine

got left on inadvertantly. knockin around in the back

of my microcar.

the purists have scorned due to the lower voltage output on

these .like u i had the 8.4 style.

my detectors never seemed to notice any difference.

but i have been hesitant to use in my premium

machines. this true voltage type i would say

there cant be any difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread