Difference between AT Pro and AT Pro International?

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question, I don't know where I came across this, but as I understand it....
Here in Canada we have some iron (steel) core coins, since about the year 2000.
The international version is tuned to give a better signal on these types of coins.

I would like to further the question by asking if this detector (international version) is better able to detect this type of stuff, won't that make it less effective overall at iron discrimination ? Which is one of the key features of the machine. Personally not carring for that super modern stuff, I'm inclined to think that the american version is the better detector.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Digger said:
I would have thought this info might be easy to find, but I can't find anywhere that explains the difference between the AT Pro and the AT Pro International.

Thanks
My understanding from what i hear is the AT Pro International is a more powerful deeper detector...........For the AT Pro International or Euro as called is not regulated in other countries .. As bad as the United States regulate's our detectors........... Remember if our goverment can screw something up it will.............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Good question, I don't know where I came across this, but as I understand it....
Here in Canada we have some iron (steel) core coins, since about the year 2000.
The international version is tuned to give a better signal on these types of coins.

I would like to further the question by asking if this detector (international version) is better able to detect this type of stuff, won't that make it less effective overall at iron discrimination ? Which is one of the key features of the machine. Personally not carring for that super modern stuff, I'm inclined to think that the american version is the better detector.
This is how crazy it is with the 2 models......You think ours in the U.S. is better ............ And we in the U.S. think that you in Canada with the Euro model have the better one.........

Attachments

• DesperateQuestions.jpg
    DesperateQuestions.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 7,377
  • DesperateQuestions.jpg
    DesperateQuestions.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 7,364

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Keppy said:
Digger said:
I would have thought this info might be easy to find, but I can't find anywhere that explains the difference between the AT Pro and the AT Pro International.

Thanks
My understanding from what i hear is the AT Pro International is a more powerful deeper detector...........For the AT Pro International or Euro as called is not regulated in other countries .. As bad as the United States regulate's our detectors........... Remember if our goverment can screw something up it will.............

I'd like to add to Keppy's response that the International version isn't regulated by restrictions imposed upon by the FCC. Something having to do with frequency. So I would agree that if you can find a supplier outside of the US, that would be the way to go.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Both versions put out the same power.....the rumor that the International version has a higher output because of deregulation is simply not true. All Garrett did was open up the High tone to go lower in the conductivity range because of the types of old coins found in the UK. And of course one is in inches and one was in centimeters. Can you imagine the problems any metal detector manufacturers would have if in fact they did produce one machine with substantial more power over another simply based on geographical locations? The black market would be extremely busy.

Attachments

• international.jpg
    international.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 5,952
OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John. I knew a difference in power didn't sound right.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Post John. When you see the screens side by side like you show it makes more sense to many people. :thumbsup:

SunriseBoy

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blatant fact is guys that Garrett have done a MacDonalds type deal with a number of franchisees around the globe.
The Pro and International are identical. The only thing that has changed is the lipstick and mascara.
If you look at the instrument panel (as John has kindly illustrated with a photo above) it has only been changed for non US markets. It's just a marketing ploy.

If I want one a Pro International here in Oz it will cost $975 Oz money! With only a couple of crappy extras.

If I buy an AT Pro from the States (and by the way the deal is - no dealer in the US is permitted to sell outside the contiguous US) it will only cost me $564 US money.

But as I have a way around the setup Garrett has, I can buy one from the US with a bag of extras, including an extra search coil, covers, and PointerPro and shipped FedEx inside the US all for $850 US money.

So do you think I'll buy in Oz or the US? Ha!

Sadly it's all about bucks and just how much they can squeeze out of the deal.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would kinda suck if they didn't change the graphic for International users to match their coins and metric system wouldn't it? I sure wouldn't want to use one in the states, I have a hard enough time finding places to detect.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blatant fact is guys that Garrett have done a MacDonalds type deal with a number of franchisees around the globe.
The Pro and International are identical. The only thing that has changed is the lipstick and mascara.
If you look at the instrument panel (as John has kindly illustrated with a photo above) it has only been changed for non US markets. It's just a marketing ploy.

If I want one a Pro International here in Oz it will cost $975 Oz money! With only a couple of crappy extras.

If I buy an AT Pro from the States (and by the way the deal is - no dealer in the US is permitted to sell outside the contiguous US) it will only cost me $564 US money.

But as I have a way around the setup Garrett has, I can buy one from the US with a bag of extras, including an extra search coil, covers, and PointerPro and shipped FedEx inside the US all for $850 US money.

So do you think I'll buy in Oz or the US? Ha!

Sadly it's all about bucks and just how much they can squeeze out of the deal.

If you are in Australia and want to purchase one here in the US you'll best be served if you have someone here to act as a middleman on the purchase. Have your friend receive the detector, repack it, and when they send it be sure to mark it as a "Gift" or customs will hold it, and you, hostage for import fees.
I've had problems in the past shipping detectors down under for friends to hold or use prior to my trips there. A thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions