Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After reading all of John's great posts about his Garrett Scorpion finds this year, I decided to go buy one from a large detector retailer whom I will elect not to identify.

So I go in and tell them I want a Scorpion and tell them why: I want to hunt jewelery especially as well as shallow coins. They gave me a look and told me the Scorpion was old technology and probably the worst gold detector available right now.

They tried to get me to look at a Gold Bug, but I said I wanted to see the Scorpion.

Can't, they said.

Why, I asked.

Sold out, they said.

What about the floor model, I asked.

Nope, sold that too, they admitted. Got more on order, they said.

Wow, for a crappy old technology detector, they sure have a hard time keeping it on the shelf! ::)

Needless to say, i walked out empty handed that day.

Hope you folks got a good laugh out of that one!

Have a great weekend and happy hunting! :icon_thumleft:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good sales Person Would have been on the Phone finding out a Shipment date for you!!!Let you pay for It and Called You the Minute it Arrived so you could come and Pick It Up!!! Chug Maybe Have the Manufacture direct ship It to your Door!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge ...Ya he did not sound like a good dealer...... Good thing to hear they are still buying the Scorpion ..... For they are a good jewlery & coin detector ......... Some dealers are like that they sell out of a fast seller then try to sell you something else.....Instead of restocking right away................If you watch Ebay you will have a hard time finding a used Scorpion there for sale.................. Seem like every one keeps them don't want to get rid of them.....

Attachments

• goldstinger_display.jpg
    goldstinger_display.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 425
  • goldstinger_display.jpg
    goldstinger_display.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 430

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
And another thing i guess i am to much from the old school......... I got a call my AT Pro is in but i cancelled it ............To many things going wrong with them now i will wait till spring they might have things worked out by then............. But i like the looks of the Scorpion more than the AT Pro............And the poor Scorpion never made it in the Garrett 2011 Calendar..............The one thing i did not like about the AT Pro was there was not a coil like the 3"x7" or 5"x 10" DD Crossfire coil for it like the Scorpion uses for that matter that type of coil that most prospecting detectors use............................TO bad you did not have another dealer close to you................ When i go to a dealer like the one you went to........... I never go back to them again............

Attachments

• !BQC(+LwBWk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBJ2tD!kb!!~~_12.jpg
    !BQC(+LwBWk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBJ2tD!kb!!~~_12.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 417

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems this company is their own worst enemy. They never seem to have any in stock no matter what you order and when they get XXX number of orders then they order from distributer. I like how they push their junk detectors on the newbies that think they are getting a good deal. :laughing7: But they are doing themselves a disservice.

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
When I picked up my AT Pro from this same "unnamed dealer", which I had pre-ordered, I also wanted the waterproof headphones and the 4 1/2" sniper coil. Neither of those were in stock so I left an order for them. It's been about 4 weeks and I still haven't heard a word from them except when I called inquiring about them. They still can't give me a shipping date.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it pays to go with a small local dealer. Like most other small dealers, I may not have it in stock either, but I will give you personal service. To me, and a lot of people, that is worth a lot.

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you know where to ask the questions. This is a great Garrett site to ask.

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
Got an email response from Garrett today regarding the waterproof headphones and 4 1/2 inch sniper coil. Neither are available for the next few weeks as they are out of stock at the factory as well. Seems the demand for the AT Pro has overwhelmed their production staff. And they won't be available until sometime in January. Seems the sniper coil has not even been produced yet for the AT Pro. It's the same as the ones for the ACE models but with different connectors.

Guess Kellyco wasn't entirely at fault after all but they could have told me they weren't available for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread