• AT Almost Fin..JPG
    AT Almost Fin..JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,439

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That does look sharp. Is that yellow shaft off a broom? Someone has been advocating the plastic handle off a broom as the outer upper shaft for doing modifications on a lot of units. Years ago, I made a modified straight shaft using tubing off aluminum adjustable walkers and canes from work that were destined to be trashed.

ONE2.jpg

TWO2.jpg

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work on that retrofit Jim. Looks factory. It looks like a CZ20! That awful yellow must go, try black or white, then it will be over the top.

OP
OP
S

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
The Yellow is Neon Yellow !!.....AT GLOW !!.....with a clear epoxy top coat ...... Not sure yet how the machine is going to work ......I won't dare try it out in my home or you guys will lynch me !!.......I will know better this weekend when I hit the beach and can ground balance and scrub the coil in the sand a bit .......There's too much snow to do anything around my area ...Garrett did the repair work and got my machine back to me in record time ...... I am now in full understanding of the great customer service that everyone speaks of ....It's surely a good feeling , especially in the world we live in today with so many companies that could care less ....

The upper shaft is a very tight tolerance aluminum with a Tall Man Whites lower rod that fits very snuggly .... The bicycle bar end was extended to hold the AT Pro control box .... The arm cuff is also Whites that I added some foam padding to ....VERY light weight and the arm cuff is adjustable and is back far enough that it allows for better leverage when swinging .... The stand is regular flat aluminum cut to fit and the arm cuff and the stand are both held on by one stainless steel bolt and a lock nut ...... Everything fits tight, and is adustable ..... Thanks for your comments , and thanks for looking ...Jim

John,
Looks like we got a yellow theme going here .....I have some yellow electrical tape to put on my coil so I can see underwater where I'm at ..... Your's looks light and ready to go too !!....Nice job ...Jim

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet looking AT Pro with Black and Yellow.........like a Yellow Jacket, :thumbsup: it stings.

OP
OP
S

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
Thanks Sandman ...... I wanted something that I could see in the murky waters here in NY ..... If I can't see this rod , it's time to move to cleaner waters !!.... :laughing7: .... My machine is back from Garrett and so far so good .....No falsing when bumping or scrubbing anymore !!......I'm working on a Flame Thrower mount to clear the snow and ice out of my way when hunting !!......Winter is not gonna get me down !!.....Maybe I can get John E. to photoshop a flame thrower with a metal detector behind it all rigged and ready to go ...... He's a "Go in any climate " kind of guy !!.....I like that !!....Not gonna let a little snow or cool weather slow him down !!.....Jim

JG

Nov 15, 2006
Yep, very sexy setup Synthnut. :sign13:

I see you have the coil painted, not unlike how John does it. :thumbsup:

Looks good for an ice fishing rig, HH. :laughing7:
C’mon Summer! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
S

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
Nope .....No paint on this coil ....Not yet anyway ......I will be spraying some bedliner paint on the bottom of this coil and will be adding some Yellow tape around the center area so I can see where I am in the water with the hot spot marked on the coil ......Jim

OP
OP
S

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
Gmanlight ,
When you call it like you see it , and you meet adversity , you can either stick to your guns , or run and hide ...... I won't hide from ANYBODY !!.... If I say something , I can prove it ..... unless you see me write " I have heard " in a sentence ..... The fact that my detector WAS fixed by the good folks who made it , and the fact that it runs much differently than it did when I first had it , and the fact that Garrett sent me an email stating that it was "FIXED " tells me that I was right all along , but better than that , I have established a good repore with a company that I have respected over the years and can continue to respect ..... Being right is nice , but being respected and your word being respected , means so much more ...... Thanks for your comment ...I appreciate it ....Sincerely, Jim

shankster

Tenderfoot
Jun 29, 2009
plain city ,utah
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum / ace 350
I was reading your post and noticed you had to send yours in and mentioned it falsed when you bumped or scrubed something . i have a ace 350 and i noticed if a twig was sticking up and while swinging and i would hit it. I would get a signal or bump a raised area on the ground . Do you think mine may be or need serviced as well ?? thats nice how you made yours I would screew mine up trying to do all that ! nice job ! hh john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread