Garrett 250 - Looking for the deepest coil possible & !!!

F

Felinepeachy

Re: Garrett 250 - Looking for the deepest coil possible & !!!

Here's a review I read.

The Ace 350 comes standard with an 8.5 inch x 11 inch Proformance Double D searchcoil. The larger coil increases detection depth, and the Double D configuration increases lateral detection. The 350 has improved frequencies so it is better able to detect small conductive objects like gold nuggets. You will see that the gold area is larger on the Ace 350's display screen, and silver and coin indicators are concentrated more on the right. On the Ace 250 detector, there is only one iron segment, so you either accepted or rejected iron. The high iron - low gold area is also where thin gold chains and diamond stud earrings can be detected. These items are difficult to pick up using the jewelry discrimination setting on the Ace 250, so this may be the biggest improvement in the Ace 350.

And here's another one

http://www.treasurebarrel.com/1769/garrett-ace-250-versus-ace-350-metal-detectors/

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sandtrout said:
There's more than one machine with the ACE 250. There's the one you get, turn on, and find stuff with....then there's the one you use when you've learned it and what it's telling you after about 100 hours....then there's the one you've done extensive testing with with a test garden that's pretty elaborate...one with various coins at various depths by themselves, with pulltabs, and with nails for masking and have learned to adjust the sensitivity on and which modes work best for you. I have a "cherry pick" mode which is the custom mode set to notch out block segments 1 - 8 and just leave 9 - 12 open for silver coins, copper pennies (not clad), and silver jewelry only (when I don't feel like digging and also want to save my old knees) and the one I use 90% of the time is the Jewelry mode...lots of trash but also rings made of gold, platinum, stainless steel, and tungsten carbide plus an asst. of necklaces. Look up and read some of the posts by CRAZYJARHEAD who has an ACE 250 and a large Garrett coil and does very well with it for relics. Garretts, Whites, Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro are ALL toys until you learn them. Used to be a song about an old violin being sold at an auction for a pittance, then an old man (a master violinist) tunes and plays this harmonious melody which causes it to be sold for thousands! I've had incredible luck with just the stock coil for park hunting.

Well said sandtrout.

The ground here is so hard I don't want to go deeper. A 6" hole in summer is an investment in time. I pass the questionable ones, and maybe some goodies, up.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop said:
yea.. your better off getting ride of that thing before it gives you gray hair.. and get a white's.....those 250 are nothen but a toy....
I truely disagree! It works if yah know what you are doing!

F

Felinepeachy

Yeah I completely disagree with that statement too. The only fault I can find with the Ace 250 is that ding ding ding ding ding sound it makes. Other than that, I think it's a good machine. :blob7: Found my first gold with one :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions