AT Pro ground balance to high??

JG

Nov 15, 2006
Tissue box,… more pay –that is classic! A White’s Classic!

I seem to recall the Goonies did not use a metal detector and they found One-Eyed Willie’s treasures. I can’t wait for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie: On Stranger Tides. Maybe there will be an online treasure hunt for a chest of pearls and gold and things no one in the western hemisphere ever had to be looted. I just love pirate treasures!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JG...... :thumbsup: I wanna see it.

JG

Nov 15, 2006
You are welcome.
I will see it too if the Lord tarries, otherwise I will not miss a thing.

pro778

Jan 21, 2008
Forked River, Moorestown, NJ
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 E-TRAC
It's a shame that there is a person that has to keep replying to all the Garrett posts and keeps showing everyone how uneducated he is. Maybe he should think about taking some night classes instead of trying to promote White's in all the Garrett posts. I would feel sorry for him, that he writes and spells so bad, if he wasn't so annoying.

kwdstalker

Jun 11, 2008
edgar nebraska
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500 garrett 250 ace and gti2500
He is just jealous he has boat anchor. I have a uncle that has a 5900 and I fallow him around and dig all the deep silver coins and rings he misses with my gti 2500 and not in sand.

pro778 said:
It's a shame that there is a person that has to keep replying to all the Garrett posts and keeps showing everyone how uneducated he is. Maybe he should think about taking some night classes instead of trying to promote White's in all the Garrett posts. I would feel sorry for him, that he writes and spells so bad, if he wasn't so annoying.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
pro778 said:

i guess besides not having a clue about garrett quality he also doesn't know about spell check :laughing9:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
spiral please feel free to speak up. What about my outrageous rambling rant trying to give some sort of advice for your questions? What do you think about that crazy stuff? Was I helpful? You will do well with your new machine.

OP
OP
spiral

spiral

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
Tn
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/TEKNETICS OMEGA
Well my machine is on its way back to Garrett.I talked to tech about the falsing and they wanted me to send it in.It falsed a lot when you twisted it and swinging left to right sometimes.Any of my machines if running wide open and bumped against a tree or rock will false.The people that has got theirs back are much more satisfied with the machine.Can't wait to get mine back :laughing7:.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
spiral said:
Well my machine is on its way back to Garrett.I talked to tech about the falsing and they wanted me to send it in.It falsed a lot when you twisted it and swinging left to right sometimes.Any of my machines if running wide open and bumped against a tree or rock will false.The people that has got theirs back are much more satisfied with the machine.Can't wait to get mine back :laughing7:.

Who did you talk to at Garrett "tech"?? It falsed "ALOT ??? ???" when "twisted" and "swinging" from left to right "SOMETIMES ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???" ?????!!!!!????? Everyone knows running "wide open" can cause some instability sometimes. Can you please tell us about all these other "people" that you personally know that are "much more satisfied with their machine?" Can you please tell us how long you have operated a geiger counter? It is my opinion that you give incredible credibility to incredibility. No disrespect intended spiral, but something is wrong, and we are trying to figure out what.

Okay, I took a breather and I think I can speak in a sensible, responsible manner, sorry for the rather rude rant. Not. Re-reading the first original post by the op, the first complaint was the gb numbers, a good question, but certainly not indicative of a problem. Moving on. The second complaint was, and I quote virbatem was "a little bit of falsing". This is a joke. You sent your highly sensitive state-of-the-art metal detector back to the factory for mild falsing? Really? Thanks for letting us all know this.

OP
OP
spiral

spiral

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
Tn
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/TEKNETICS OMEGA
gleaner1 said:
spiral said:

Who did you talk to at Garrett "tech"?? It falsed "ALOT ??? ???" when "twisted" and "swinging" from left to right "SOMETIMES ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???" ?????!!!!!????? Everyone knows running "wide open" can cause some instability sometimes. Can you please tell us about all these other "people" that you personally know that are "much more satisfied with their machine?" Can you please tell us how long you have operated a geiger counter? It is my opinion that you give incredible credibility to incredibility. No disrespect intended spiral, but something is wrong, and we are trying to figure out what.

Okay, I took a breather and I think I can speak in a sensible, responsible manner, sorry for the rather rude rant. Not. Re-reading the first original post by the op, the first complaint was the gb numbers, a good question, but certainly not indicative of a problem. Moving on. The second complaint was, and I quote virbatem was "a little bit of falsing". This is a joke. You sent your highly sensitive state-of-the-art metal detector back to the factory for mild falsing? Really? Thanks for letting us all know this.
Yeah, I tend to send things back that don't work right :icon_scratch:.I've never owned a Geiger counter ???Geiger counters are used to detect ionizing radiation (usually beta particles and gamma rays, but certain models can detect alpha particles). An inert gas-filled tube (usually helium, neon or argon with halogens added) briefly conducts electricity when a particle or photon of radiation makes the gas conductive.
The "people" I'm referring to is the people (On forums.I never said I knew them personally :dontknow:)who have had the same problem as me and have sent theirs back and when Garrett returned them they had no more falsing.I've been in and out of the hobby for about 15yrs and have owned several brands of machines.Some of us though, don't have all the answers or know everything like you do.Some of us actually call the engineers who built the machine and tell them the problem and get their opinion.Some of us actually own a metal detector.Maybe you are mad because your geiger counter won't find anything,I don't know :laughing7:.The tech seem to think their was a problem so I sent it in.Do me a favor and at least learn the difference between a metal detector and a geiger counter if you are going to PRETEND to know what you are talking about. :BangHead:

OP
OP
spiral

spiral

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
Tn
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/TEKNETICS OMEGA
Just thought I would give an update..I got a call from Garrett today and guess what..My machine had a bad coil so their was a PROBLEM with it..They received it on Friday and are shipping it out tomorrow.. :icon_thumright:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well look who the big dummy is. Could it be gleaner? Yup! Thanks for the great info spiral. You broke my heart.
Looking forward to some pics of your finds, you got a hell of a monster on your hands. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions