Relic Hunters: if you cant afford an AT Pro...Consider the 2500 w DD 11x8.5 coil

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
I've been testing my GTI 2500 with the new DD coil and it gets equal depth as the 12.5" Imaging coil....in AIR TEST.......The new 11x8.5 "DD coil beats the pants off the 12.5" coil in the hot dirt!

For Relic Hunters: If you cant afford a new machine like the AT Pro...and you have a GTI 2500, then from my recent test this will make the 2500 a deadly Relic hunting machine.

If your ground you hunt is 60% hot and above then this new DD far surpasses the 12.5" coil for depth as the 12.5" is so noisy in hot ground you have to turn the sensitivity down to where it gets the depth of the stock 9.5" coil or much worse, especially in ground 80% hot +.

The only rub is NO IMAGING! Oh well, cant win 'em all. But you get 4 segments or iron discrimination, which I think some people forgot about!

If ya need to save some money....try the new DD coil on your 2500 or 1500. 1350 users should still get Profiling.

My GTI 2500 is now a very nice Relic machine with the new DD coil because the ground here in Oregon is 90% hotness! And should be a good prospector also, (have not tried it yet on that).

Wish I was back in Georgia now to give my 2500 a try in the Civil War zones.

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread