New to the site.

Orange Crush

Feb 14, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Hi folks. I am new to the site but I have been detecting for a few years now with a Bounty Hunter Tracker II (don't laugh, but I can almost tell you what's in the ground just by the sound it makes). I have only found a few silvers and a lot of clad with the BHTII and have recently purchased a GTI 2500 and a Pro-Pointer. I have only went out for about a half an hour with it and it was spot on for the few coins I did find, so I can't wait for this North Dakota winter to be over; I am sure that the GTI 2500 is going to open up a whole new world of metal detecting for me. I have never found any jewelery with the Tracker II, but I am hoping to find some with the GTI 2500. How do most people go about selling their (gold/silver) jewelery finds if they do sell them? Pawn shops? Cash for Gold? Any info helps......Thanks!

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Welcome to TNET mustugio Im sure you will have lots of fun with your new machine, I use to live in ND and tell you what i dont miss it, lol but hey what part of ND do you live in? I use to live in Rollette county..

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Welcome to the site! I also have a GTI 2500 and you will have fun with it, esspecially the Imaging! Enjoy it!

I have sold my jewelry finds and placer gold to a refinery and a local coin/jewelry shop or mining shop. Also try ebay or craigslist.

Alan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. :hello: The Garrett 2500 is a fine detector and you will have a blast with it. As for finding gold rings, you need to dig a lot of pull tabs because about 80% are in the pull tab range and 15% are in foil range. These foil ones are the white gold thin womens rings that mostly have big rocks. Never sell you gold to a pawn shop or Cash for Gold, as they pay pennies on the dollar. ARA pays 98% of the spot price per troy oz. http://www.aragold.com/refining-schedule.html There is also Midwest Refineries which pays 96% but don't return any stones.

Don't be afraid to ask questions here as we were all newbies. I don't have a 2500 but do have a 1500 still. :thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Orange Crush

Orange Crush

Feb 14, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Thanks for all of the info. I tried to go out this past Friday but it was too darn cold. I just want to get out and the weather was teasing me last week with temps in the forties. Now it's back to the single digits and blowing wind. I only see a few people out detecting here even in the summer so I hope I can cut a niche in some of the parks up here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread