gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy a md or treasure mag and look at the dealer adds. They want your business and if you tell them exactly what you want, they will sharpen their pencil for you. Make some calls. Typically, the prices are very close, so now you must consider quality of dealer service, delivery times, shipping charges, bonus plans, perks, it gets to another level of the "real deal".

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though prices are very close it would seem if the big box store wanted your business they would subtract the price of the things they include with the sale.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Though prices are very close it would seem if the big box store wanted your business the would subtract the price of the things they include with the sale.

It's called leverage. All the crap the big boys want to send you is part of their advertised deal, you can tell them to keep it, but it is still part of the sale, and you will get it anyway, by legal binding. You can talk turkey with the big boys in certain ways, like swapping out stuff for other stuff or dickering over shipping costs because after all they are salesmen and they want a sale. They like talking to people that really know what they want, so the price is more easily achieved. Maybe they can cut a good break on an accessory coil if you ask nice, or waive added shipping costs. The big boys have a calculated loss on the advertised perks knowing that they will gain greater market share in the long run. Profit is achieved, although not as great.

This keeps things competitive and you can get a machine for a certain percent less from smaller dealers. It's all in the eye of the buyer who might find BOGO or free diggers too irresistible. The buyer also must sharpen his pencil to get the "best" deal in any given situation.

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
Got mine for $490 with free shipping
Took 5 days to get the AT Pro.
You need to search a few dealers to get the bestest of best price.
But no way would I spend $595 that mosttttt dealers are selling
the AT Pro for............JT

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JohnnyThunders said:
Got mine for $490 with free shipping
Took 5 days to get the AT Pro.
You need to search a few dealers to get the bestest of best price.
But no way would I spend $595 that mosttttt dealers are selling
the AT Pro for............JT
......And thats including a weekend.... :laughing7: :laughing7:.....Have a blast and Good Hunts...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is good to know..... :icon_thumright:

sniadecki

Aug 10, 2009
virginia
Detector(s) used
tesoro teknetics whites
[mod]removed

Attacking a Supporting Dealer.

Also Not a supporting Dealer
That I'm aware of[/mod]

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can make a pretty smoking deal on an AT with a free coil cover. Pm me with what all you want.

scott565

Apr 20, 2009
I just received mine from stoopstroop today.
Good price, prompt shipping.
Very satisfied customer here.
Thank you, Bart!

-Scott

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Scott! Have fun with it. HH!

j777extra

Greenie
Oct 17, 2010
Cincinnati, Morrow, OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/800, XP ORX, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for prices on an AT Pro detector only as well. What prices did you get? PM me please. Thanks and let me know how you like it.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm interested in the 350 AT Pro detector as well..Please send price.

Thanks
Rob

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob, pm sent! Always call for best pricing. Thanks, Bart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread