Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's been a lot of AT Pro talk the past few months, and with good reason. :headbang:

Just thought I'd take a moment to talk about the other new kid in the Garrett Armory.

I was only able to take the 350 out for a very short half hour hunt today in a local park.

This was my first time using the detector and didn't know what to expect from it, as I have used several detectors in the past. I also used the Sniper coil instead of the stock DD coil on this first outing since I spent most of my time in the tot lot.

First, the sniper coil is very good on getting close to playground equipment, 4"-6" before sounding off.

The Garrett headphones that came with the unit were comfortable enough and I was grateful for the volume control built into the cord. Contrary to some past complaints, I did not find the tones to be obnoxious at all. Perhaps they are different on the 350 as opposed to the 250.

I only found six pennies on this outing, all less than 4" deep. I do not think that was the coil's limit, I simply think all the targets on this outing were found at those depths or less.

I found the Target ID to be very accurate on the few targets I did find. I did not use the pinpoint mode as I was using the Sniper coil and my Garrett ProPointer (which I cannot recommend strongly enough getting).

The most interest find from a test perspective was how well it locked on to a small ballpoint pen tip at about 2" under the sandy dirt.

Junk targets, like bits of foil fell under a couple of different notches, but not under any coin settings, except once. The only false signal I got was a bit of aluminum that registered as nickel.

So my first impressions are promising enough. The Sniper coil does its job very well in finding and separating shallow targets (the ballpoint pen tip was found less than 3" from another junk target and the Sniper identified them each separately). The target ID leaves a good first impression, but I'll have to do more work with it.

The Ace 350 is also a real pleasure to use coming in at under 3 lbs.

I am going on a much more extensive hunt with the DD coil later this week. I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully have a few pictures to boot.

Happy Hunting!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice report on the 350. The AT Pro has been getting a lot of posts lately and the 350 is a step up from the lower 250. I like the better headphones you get with the 350 too. :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thanks for the review on the ACE 350. It kinda got buried under all of the ATPro posts.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge that was a good report i hear a lot of good things about the 350....And like John said the AT Pro did sort of put the 350 on the back burner............

bgriffin

Jan 2, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
I have loved my Ace 350. Good value and performance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread