older gti 2500

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You got an outstanding deal! Check it out. If there is a problem with the coil, then replace it. I don't think you're going to find any problem with it at all. The coils on the 2500 (2 of them anyway) are imaging coils and will show you the size of the target that you are over. One coil is the 9.5 and was the standard coil there was a similar white coil in a 12.5 diameter that was also imaging.

Other coils fit and work, but do not size the target for you.

Garrett may have redone the coils in a black open coil design (seems like I've see some) but I'm not sure.

You have a top of the line machine that Garrett is still selling today. You may want to have Garrett upgrade the circuit board, they have made some engineering changes since that one was built. Call Garrett and give them your serial number, they should be able to tell you if an upgrade is available. Money on the upgraded circuit board would be much better spent than buying newer coils unless your coils have a problem.

Best of luck! BTW, you can and should download the operators manual for the 2500 from Garrett and learn how to use it correctly!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You got an OK deal on it. It's a nice machine too. The imaging really helps increase your over all finds if you are looking for coins and rings. Expect the accuracy of the imaging feature to start decreasing past the 6 inch depth mark. The true all metal mode gets some nice serious depth. if you want more stability in high mineralized soil, there is a new chip available which can be installed. If your soil is fairly neutral, it isn't necessary. You have the older white colored coil. there is a newer black imaging coil available should the other one fail.

You have the older model, which has the treasure -talk feature. The new models don't. I consider the ones with that feature to be collectors items, and will therefore never sell mine.

Enjoy your new used machine. I have found some excellent finds with mine. :)

OP
OP
donj

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool thanks guys.Don

oldgold

Oct 16, 2003
Arkansas-USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500/ACE 250-Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to have that machine upgraded.
I have one that I bought the same year and I sent it back to Garrett for the upgrade chip. It works better than ever.
It's a great machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions