Thank You Garrett

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
I would like to publicly thank Garrett for fixing the falsing issue with the AT Pro in a professional manor .......Progress has been made, and now many people will enjoy using the AT Pro and truely enjoy this machine for what it really is , and how it is suppose to run .....

I am proud to say that I own an AT Pro and I'm happy with it .....It no longer falses like it did in this video .....

For those of you who stood against me , no hard feelings ......For those of you who gave me support , I thank you

All is well that ends well ......

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good post Synthnut!! Thanks for addressing this!
Garrett is a great company that tries to do things right. Glad things worked out for everyone.
All the new machines I have been getting straight from Garrett have been fixed just as they said! Great company!

spiral

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
Tn
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/TEKNETICS OMEGA
I would also like to thank Garrett for fixing my AT Pro.I dealt with Sue and Myra and they were very helpful,nice and professional :icon_thumright:...I got it back fast and it seems to work perfectly with no loss in sensitivity that I can tell.Actually, I think it's about an inch deeper then it was in air tests ;D.....I couldn't ask for better service then I received..AAA+...

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
I'm wondering, has Garrett issued any serial number batches on the run of machines effected by this problem? Or are they just saying it is a random hit and miss thing?

Thanks!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Terrafisher said:
I'm wondering, has Garrett issued any serial number batches on the run of machines effected by this problem? Or are they just saying it is a random hit and miss thing?

Thanks!

I don't think so. But no need for this. It is not a machine problem, it is coil related. It's that simple. Some bad coils snuck thru, they have fixed it on all fronts including manufacturing and QC and customer service. The problem was coil related, so serial numbers will not be of help. If the machine is falsing, you have a bad coil. That issue has been addressed. If the Pro falses, send it in for good going over and it will come back with a new coil. This is just my opinion based on dealing with Garrett for almost twenty years.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
Terrafisher said:

Thanks!

I don't think so. But no need for this. It is not a machine problem, it is coil related. It's that simple. Some bad coils snuck thru, they have fixed it on all fronts including manufacturing and QC and customer service. The problem was coil related, so serial numbers will not be of help. If the machine is falsing, you have a bad coil. That issue has been addressed. If the Pro falses, send it in for good going over and it will come back with a new coil. This is just my opinion based on dealing with Garrett for almost twenty years.
Yep Gleaner from what i found out it was a coil problem...... I have been useing Garretts for a little over 25 years.........

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, it's interesting how things change and evolve over time. My first machine is a 1984 Garrett FreedomII, I bought it third-hand in 1993. I still have it and use it, I posted a large cent I found with it in a hammered site, not long ago. It's 27 years old and the original coil works like a charm. I had the brain box replaced for about 70 bucks a few years ago, I thought that was a heck of a deal, I was impressed. It still has the original coil! ;D

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
gleaner1 said:
Terrafisher said:

Thanks!

Yep Gleaner from what i found out it was a coil problem...... I have been useing Garretts for a little over 25 years.........

Keppy, I can't help to ask your opinion, you know, considering all this uncertainty. We all to try to draw conclusions based on experiences of other people, and the information published. Pardon me if you will, but what is your honest assessment of this incident? Do you have any real concerns about the whole thing? I think it's over with. It's dead as Caeser.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
Keppy said:
gleaner1 said:
Terrafisher said:

Thanks!

Keppy, I can't help to ask your opinion, you know, considering all this uncertainty. We all to try to draw conclusions based on experiences of other people, and the information published. Pardon me if you will, but what is your honest assessment of this incident? Do you have any real concerns about the whole thing? I think it's over with. It's dead as Caeser.
Ya Gleaner i think you will not hear any thing more about it if you do it will just be by Garrett haters...... ..... On your other post about haveing a freedom 2 well small world....My first detector about 1982 was a Garrett Freedom 2 Coin Commander... But i do not have it now i gave it to one of my grand kids to use ..... But because of the arthritis in my trigger finger on my right hand i could not pull that trigger any more............. Like i said small world Freedom 2....... My Freedom 2 also still works but my grandkids are takeing as good of care of it as i did........... And some of my best finds were made with that single tone no screen Freedom 2...

Attachments

• garret-top.jpg
    garret-top.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 265
  • garret-top.jpg
    garret-top.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 246

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread