Found My Garrett CX 3 Talking Metal Detector,Thought it was lost

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
Funny I thought somebody took my garrett CX 3 Metat detector out of my garage last Dec,,,,,But I just found it at my Brothers house up in Montauk.Don't know how it got there....Very Happy at finding it,I only used to Twice lol
I wonder I really should use it a bit before buying another one.
But do places thats sell detectors take tradeins???
And how much would i see if I traded it in?
But really I think since I only used it for about a total of 1 hour the most,Maybe I should use this and maybe upgrade when something new comes out....Johnny Thunders

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Johnny,
I have a CX II that I have used for the past year. It is a good old machine and is extremely reliable. Try using yours in some prime locations ( schools. parks, old homesites) before you get rid of it. Most places will give you very little on a trade in because they will have a hard time selling it. If you really want to get rid of it, try selling it here on TNet.

grizzly bare
Jim Johnson

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
yea i will keep it till Whites or garretts will replace their DFX and GTI2500...
I am sure its a good machine,,,,Since I only used it twice for about 1 hour total time,I should give it a chance......Thanks johnnyThunders

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
You mean Hamer Guitars????
Johnny Thunders would never play a Hamer guitar if thats the site you are speaking about....JT

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
If you ever want to know anything about JT you will need to ask me and not him.....
I have a Video from the fastlane in NJ in 1990 with lots of backstage stuff,that you can find on ebay every now and then......Wish I never loaned it out and now its everywhere lol...Johnny

flagold

Aug 3, 2004
That's not that video with this in it, is it?

[video=youtube;yhQEbqntz60]http://www.youtube.com/?v=yhQEbqntz60] >>JT<< [/video]

If so, I'm sorry that got out too. To bad he ended up like many and won't be playing music on any make of guitar now. A shame.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
as far as i am concerned the garrett grand master hunter cx 3 is one of the best units ever made...i would rate it a # 2 detector, bested only by the minelab ex 2.....despite its age it is still a top performer and with one there is not much need to purchase another....even today, near 15 years after they hit the market, garrett will do repairs/updates on them at little to no cost beyond shipping.......depth and descrimination qualities are still at or very near the best money can buy..........gldhntr

flagold

Aug 3, 2004
as far as i am concerned the garrett grand master hunter cx 3 is one of the best units ever made..

I have to agree, far ahead of its time. I still have mine and would not get rid of it, even though I prefer the analog CXII (I) type meters. Agree on "treasure talk" as well -- turn that off.

flagold

Aug 3, 2004
I did the same with my CXII -- agreed -- big mistake. I'll probably now buy another. As a plus for these units, the coils are excellent, numerous and well proven, you can use the groundhog unit, and be into a very powerful detector for a tiny fraction of the latest flavor of the month. They make a great "truck detector" (one you've got with you "in the truck" all the time) as they are virtually indestructable.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
Well thought the CX3 was the best at the time when I bought mine.........Yea that annoying voice is shut offffffffed.....................JT

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Re: "Funny I thought somebody took my garrett CX 3 Metal detector out of my garage last Dec,,,,,But I just found it at my Brothers house up in Montauk. Don't know how it got there...."

Well, since it talks, maybe it walks too. ;D It's alive !!!

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I feel the same way.
Far as Treasure Talk, I was cool with it, but it was a kid magnet that taught me the blessings of headphones.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
Well, as if I dont have enough detectors,, I just bought a cx3 on ebay.. I do have plans to use it,,really , with all these left alone they may start breeding,, ,, maybe I will look up metal detectors anonymous. looking foward to getting it I may have questions for you guys whom have used them in the past ,,

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did your Brother borrow it after seeing all the cool stuff you were finding lol

johnnytuinals

Sep 24, 2018
POCONOS
Detector(s) used
1985 Bounty Hunter RB10,1991 Garrett Master Hunter CX3,2016 Whites V3i and a 2021 MineLab800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope it was on top of one of his Mopar cars.
Could not believe he did not see it lol..
Just sold my Whites V3i with wireless headphones for $1000 that I bought New in 2014 but was
still New in the box.I was gonna use it but thought maybe Garrett or Whites might come out with something New?.....JT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread